Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Which Cai To Get

Old 05-15-2005, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have already done the resonatior removal and am now goinng to get a CAI.
I have a few that I like but I am not sure what one is the best quality. It would be a great help if you could tell me which one you think would be best.

CAI 1
I like this one a lot because the color matchs my car

CAI 2
Is this one a copy of the AEM CAI?
Old 05-15-2005, 11:02 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

buy an AEM CAI from ebay. i bought mine for $185 and it added about 5hp. i can't live without it. it sounds really nice when you haul!!

resonator removal? do you mean intake box? play it safe. keep the intake box in until you get your hands on a CAI because the engine could suckup something nasty.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:20 PM

Get the second one. It's an exact copy of AEM.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:17 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Like OP said, get the second one... Then throw away that rubbish filter & get a better one like a K&N or something.

The first one will only improve the sound but will only suck in warm air... It's a WAI lol.gif
Old 05-16-2005, 04:46 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (H3NDR1X15 @ May 15 2005, 11:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I like this one a lot because the color matchs my car
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

I understand the sentiment.. but if you really want it to match.. buy the second one and paint it to match.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:16 AM

Unless your buying the CAI for estetic purposes wich I wonder why someone would do such a thing. I would definetly by the AEM it's one of the best or if not the best air induction brand names out there.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:13 AM

AEM is the way to go!!
Old 05-16-2005, 04:48 PM

I've been reading a lot about the AEM CAI and have a few questions of my own. If that CAI from ebay (the 2nd one) is an exact copy of an AEM, what can be the difference between the knock-off AEM and a real AEM besides the name? I also understand the filter may be different but you can buy the knock-off AEM and a K&N filter for more than $100 less than the AEM in the first place.

What I'm really asking is: if the intakes are getting the air from the same location and all the pipes are the same size and everything, what is with the big price difference between the two? (Not counting the filter)
Old 05-16-2005, 05:01 PM

Anyone who actually has an AEM CAI will look at that and tell you that is not an exact copy. It is quite obvious that it is not the same.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:16 PM

There is truth to what you say Zach, some of the money you're paying is going towards the fact that it is an AEM, but AEM does dyno test their work, engineer their product so it maximizes horsepower and you know you're getting the best when you buy from them. On the other hand, if you cannot aford an AEM, then use your best judgement and get a knock off..just my 2cents wink1.gif