Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Cabin Filter Question

Old 11-03-2007, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

you saying its cheeper to have a place do your oil change? no way the cheepest oil change ive ever seen is like 45 bucks i did mine the day before my crash in about 20 minutes and cost be 18 bucks and i still have like 4 or 5 quarts of oil left.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:05 PM

Well, it's not showing a part number for the blower case, I was going to see if it was the same part number on a 98 Elantra and the Tib. Ugh, this is gonna drive me crazy now. If there's a way to put one in there and have it work effectively, I want to. We have the dirtiest air around here... lol.

Next time an older Elantra comes in the shop I'm going to have to go violate it to see what you are talking about. You say it was somehow inside where the blower motor goes?
Old 11-03-2007, 07:11 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (butters @ Nov 3 2007, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>alright not trying to sounds like a D*ck or anything but who doesnt change there own oil? i mean your going to be modding your car yourself(i would hope) and you dont change your oil? im olny 16 and i can even do it, come on man.. lol not trying to "grind your gears" i just thought i'd ask why you cant do your own?</div>

I don't change my own oil. I let Jiffy Lube or Walmart do it. I can save $5 and do it myself, or I can go shopping while my oil is being changed.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:14 PM

We've put in a lot of short blocks thanks to Jiffy Lube and Wal-Mart, they're some of our best customers fing02.gif

I think for those of us who do change our own oil, it's not about saving money, it's about peace of mind knowing that it's been done right.

BTW... how did we go from cabin air filters to oil changes? LOL wtf1.gif
Old 11-03-2007, 07:19 PM

Yes, by the blower motor.

And even an oil change at my shop is 15 bucks. I spend 25 doing mine. Its all about knowing its done right and the stuff is good. We even use good filters and decent oil at the shop. Other places around here are between 10 and 25. Depends on where and if you have a coupon or something. When the places are using bulk reprocessed oil or something though its not worth having it done by anyone else.

You're replacing short blocks from double gasketing or things leaking? They have to pay for all that I guess right?
Old 11-03-2007, 07:23 PM

Yes, double gasketing the oil filters or drain plug washers, not tightening oil filters and drain plugs tight enough. And yes, they (Wal-Mart and Jiffy Lube) have to foot the bill. We're doing an Accent right now thanks to Wal-Mart. Drain plug was left loose, and it drained all the oil out and locked the motor up. Go Wal-Mart! We have a tech who used to work for them, and he says the only training they receive is via computer, a SIMULATOR even, then they are turned loose in the shop with no hands on experience. It's just scary.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:30 PM

Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

knowing its done right helps me out so i know atleast one thing is done right on my car..lol.. and being that you can get a case of oil for 24 and an oil filter for 5, thats 29 bucks, but you only use 4 maybe 5 quarts or oil so than you have atlest 7 quarts left and your next oil change is only like 5 bucks.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:48 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have anything in my engine which I would not want replaced and have jiffy-lube or walmart foot the bill. Can this topic be split?

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I used to have a problem that I heard a weird ticking noise whenever the fan in my car was turned on. Turned out to be that, whatever the thing is that is behind the glovebox, that comes on when the fan goes on, blower motor or air filter, had leaves stuck in it, and I just took them out and put it back. It was a long time ago and I can't seem to remember if there was a filter there or not though...

Easy way to get a new motor then, I suppose.

This needs to get back on topic, lol. I guess the conclusion is we do NOT have a cabin filter in the Tibs.

Zoned, thats what Im talking about. Stuff gets stuck in there very easily. It makes a lot of noise and even if its not noisy theres still stuff stuck in there. Im going to pull mine out tomorrow to clean it and see if maybe theres a filter.