Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

C02 Injection?

Old 07-04-2005, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

ok, well i really got thinking about this when i was emptying my co2 tank after playing paintball so i could get it refilled (they won't refill like 3/4 used tanks). then i was like, hey it would be cool to use it up in a cryo2 system. then i thought why not make my own?

Well my question is why isn't just plain c02 injection done? the cry02 system just uses is cooling ability but it doesn't make contact with the air entering the engine.

my main concern would be ice chips getting in the engine but they'd probably melt and be kinda like water injection for turbo engines.

anyways just thought I'd ask, i'm probably missing something stupid here and I'll just go back to my diy cry02 system idea... smile.gif
Old 07-04-2005, 12:31 PM

You are putting carbon dioxide into your engine, it will kill your performance!

Cryo2 systems are used strictly on the outside of all engine work, such as cooling your intercooler, or just simply purging to look cool.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:38 PM

hum... good point fing02.gif

hehe, I was just thinking the it contain oxygen... oh well, i think i'm gonna try to build a cry02 system. should be fun smile.gif

oh and cry02 also has a piece you put in your intake path, to cool the air right before it hits the tb.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:41 PM

You wouldn't see much gains on NA engine, but I believe you are putting a turbo in, so if you spray it on your intercooler you will see some serious power!!!
Old 07-04-2005, 12:50 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

The intercooler sprayer would probably be the easiest to make. The intake cooler is a little more difficult since it requires a round sphere in a coupling for the CO2 to flow through.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:57 AM

true, I was thinking about doing both, but if the intake one gets too annoying the intercooler part aught to be a piece of cake. smile.gif

anyone know where i can get some selenoid switch's?