Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Broken Wire.. Need Suggestions.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

Besides the issue with my headlights, i had a problem with my MAF. I was getting a CEL forever now so i figued it was just the MAF being dirty, so i cleaned it a couple times nothing happened. I replaced it nothing happened. So today i was looking at it again, and noticed the pink wire out of the 4 was actually coming out a bit. So i lightly touched it and it came right out. The wire i speak of comes directly off the wiring harness so i'm looking so suggestions to get it to stay back it. I don't think it's possible to solder it in there... I could stick it in, and just tape it, but i don't think it will make a good connection.

Any Suggestions?
Old 02-04-2008, 11:32 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I could go for a picture, it's hard to tell if soldering is possible by what you describe...
Old 02-04-2008, 11:54 AM

I don't have a camera but i'll try to find a picture on the forums, and point to it. Basically though it's as if you just pull a wire out of the connection that connects to your MAF from the wring harness..
Old 02-04-2008, 02:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

In that case, I may try to find a spare (junkyard) wiring harness, and cut off a section towards the end that includes the MAF plug (and a couple inches of wire). Then cut off your broken one and solder in the new one in it's place. Basically it's a way of getting a new plug in there.
I wouldn't recommend pushing the wire in there and taping it, that seems like a cheap, unreliable way to go...
Old 02-04-2008, 09:11 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Those connectors can be repaired. You just have to take them apart, resolder the connection and put them back together.

If you consider yourself good with electronics, I'd repair. If not, then replace like strikeeagle said.