Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Brake Light

Old 09-30-2007, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright ive noticed that my passanger brake light doesnt like to go on when i step on the brakes...so i thought it would be a bulb at first so me and blizagaxx changed the bulb and got nothing so then we used his after market tail lights and got nothing again...so does anybody know what is my best bet of getting this fixed? would it be better just to take it to a shop?
Old 09-30-2007, 10:39 PM

Vehicle: car

This is what has been done so far.

-Checked all fuses, everything is good. (Replaced the fuses anyways, still no luck)
-Changed bulbs out with ones that tested good, nothing.
-Changed out assemblies, still no luck.
-No wires going into the wiring harness for the tail lights are cut, bare, touching, etc.

All of the lights on the car work except for the passenger side stop light. The reverse lights, tail lights, turn signals, high mount LED, corners, heads, front turns, everything. Because of all of this, I think i wire must be cut somewhere along the way, disconnected, or rubbed bare and touching the ground. It obviously isn't the ground for the tail light itself because everything else works. I have the next two days off, so I might investigate a little more if I feel up to it. Can anyone take a picture of the tail light harness/connector and label the wires for me? If not, I can just take a test light a volt meter out and check it out, but this will save me time, lol. **AHEM dtn COUGH** smile.gif I looked through HMA, and the only exterior lighting was just a whole general guide to exterior lights and was no help.

EDIT: And this should be in general performance joel, lol.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'd start by looking for severed wires near moving parts... brake pedal?? I've only had to replace one brake light switch and it was in a buick. I'd assume if any wires got cut there you've have no brake lights but maybe not.

after that get out the multimeter and start testing/tracing the line back.