Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.
View Poll Results: Where does it look the best?
(1)
30.77%
(2)
38.46%
(3)
30.77%
(4)
0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Was Bored Today

Old 09-07-2008, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sorry for the bad quality took them with my cell

I cleaned my engine bay

Took the Tiburon emblem from my cousin 06 since he has tuscani emblems
so i just kinda stuck it on there in a few places, lemme know which place looks the best

(1)

(2)

(3)

(4)

and i also put in rim emblems from his tib in my wheels just to see what the look like.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

the wheels, yes

the emblems on the back, meh just buy a new emblem from the dealership, they are cheap.

bay looks clean but would really look better with a header in place of that huge, overgrown cast manifold we have and not to mention a nice weight reduction.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Good job on cleaning your engine bay!! Do something about that manifold cover though...
I'd just stick with the old Dragonfly emblems, if anything debadge it altogether rather than putting one on from an '06. Those who care can easily tell the difference.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:50 PM

yea i need to either get a new heat cover, or repaint it with a better paint, im thinkin black instead of red. And the emblem was just out of boredom, but i am kinda thinkin about doin it like it is in picture (2) i think it looks pretty cool.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Just remove your heat plate.It does nothing but look ugly.You'll see it'll look much better off till you can get a header.Larrs

oh ya,I'm with StrikeEagle,don't use anything that's not the same year as your car.We will know it doesn't belong and that's what matters,people that know the car.Larrs
Old 09-08-2008, 10:35 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, but use a wire brush, steel wool and WD40 to get rid of the rust on the stock manifold. Also, if it is the one that came with the car, check for cracks between the 2-3 cylindar exhaust ports. Although the cracks can appear anywhere, that's the most common. Mine had a crack between 3-4. It alters the sound of the car quite a bit.

Free, new manifold and catalytic converter if you can find a crack... compiments of Hyundai's recall program.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:05 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Just remove your heat plate.It does nothing but look ugly.You'll see it'll look much better off till you can get a header.Larrs</div>

I took mine off and lost it....and I hated the way it looked. Thanks do DDDDDDDDDDDude, its now nicely covered again an looks better.

I think it would look best if you painted it black, but have the "HOT" in Red. Then paint the spark plug cover the same red. That way it ties the covers with the intake.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:47 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Larrs @ Sep 8 2008, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Just remove your heat plate.It does nothing but look ugly.You'll see it'll look much better off till you can get a header.Larrs

oh ya,I'm with StrikeEagle,don't use anything that's not the same year as your car.We will know it doesn't belong and that's what matters,people that know the car.Larrs</div>
I also have to agree with Larrs and Strikeagle on that, its like the people with mustangs that put cobra badges on a stock mustang. As far as the heat shield goes just get rid of the whole manifold and get a aftermarket header and be done with it. It will be better in the long run, but thats just my opinion.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:31 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

"Badges, you dont need no stinkin badges!" Honestly, if anything, loose the badges all together, or keep the dragonfly thats on the car now. I really dig the wheels though. I actually did that to my old ADR rims and they looked great!