Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Boo

Old 12-21-2008, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

If you want something plug and play, then the megasquirt from KFX is your boy. Plug and play, plugs right into the factory harness, and into a laptop. I believe they are providing a base tune so you can be up and running in a matter of a couple of hours. They're just finishing the developement on them, should be shipping any time now.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:18 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Nice to see you back after some time.

Well I went AEM FIC way it was pretty straight forward. Unichip out and FIC in most of the wires Unichip has used were once again used by FIC. Total install time was like 30-40min.

Since Unichip was feeding the engine through 4 stock injectors and 5th 670 cc injector when boosting I have decided to use FIC and control 4 646 cc Siemens injectors. No problem with installing either. Old injectors out new in change injector capacity in FIC and this little thing makes the base map for you. You just have to play a little bit to smooth it out and map the boost part of the maps. Still waiting to do this since it has been raining for last two weeks overhere. First two dry days and I'll set up the maps and see how it goes.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:26 AM

Vehicle: 2005/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hive @ Dec 21 2008, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nice to see you back after some time.

Well I went AEM FIC way it was pretty straight forward. Unichip out and FIC in most of the wires Unichip has used were once again used by FIC. Total install time was like 30-40min.

Since Unichip was feeding the engine through 4 stock injectors and 5th 670 cc injector when boosting I have decided to use FIC and control 4 646 cc Siemens injectors. No problem with installing either. Old injectors out new in change injector capacity in FIC and this little thing makes the base map for you. You just have to play a little bit to smooth it out and map the boost part of the maps. Still waiting to do this since it has been raining for last two weeks overhere. First two dry days and I'll set up the maps and see how it goes.</div>

Just a suggestion for the NA part of your fuel map. The base map creator uses more lines than you need for NA. I use the same negative value for all the NA cells in my fuel map. I only use the bottom three for my NA part. That gives more tuning points for the boosted map.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:30 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Welcome back ham.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:24 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Welcome back man