Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Blowing Fuses / Headlight Issue

Old 01-08-2008, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here is another observation ... If i replace the fuse .. and turn the car on no highs! .. and if i turn the head lights on only the low's come on .. But if I switch to highs both sets come on .. then the fuse blows.. and then after the fuse blows the highs become my running days... this is confusing .. lol .. Thats for the suggestion of grounding points .. I tried shaking them and stuff but it didn't seem to work ..
Old 01-08-2008, 05:38 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok, after reviewing this again...

Here's what I'd do.
1. remove and reseat the relays in the engine bay, while doing that, look for anything out of the ordinary with the connectors or debris.

2. Remove and do the same thing to the connectors on both headlamps. It's possible that power could be flowing in reverse through one of the bulbs in an attempt to find ground, then back out through the other bulbs. Bad ground on the headlamps themselves or the associated wiring could cause your problem.

3. Remove and inspect the switch and wiring on the steering coloumn. If for some reason your high beams wire or the lamps wire was frayed, it could also cause this problem.

4. replace the multifunction switch with one from a junk yard to see if the problem persists.

That's all I can come up with now. This is a seriously troubling problem and you'll need to use some good troubleshooting techniques to fix it. Those are the key areas which everything meets at though. I doubt it has to do with the stereo.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahaha THank DTN that's the wiring diagram i was looking for .. Also ..

When i turn on the headlights now .. highs & lows are on .. with the car off .. But when the car is on .. only the lows are on.

I'll try that list out.