Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Blowing Fuses / Headlight Issue

Old 12-10-2007, 03:39 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

well?
Old 12-11-2007, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure how the headlights are setup when the car is not running but, if i turn my headlights on all that comes on are the turnlights and tails. If i put the key in and start it they come on. I don't know if that is how it's supposed to be. DTN any imput?
Old 12-11-2007, 02:59 PM
DTN

Yeah, that's normal. The headlamps themselves should not be able to come on. What was the problem?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:30 PM

Huh? I haven't found it yet. I have no clue what the issue is, I started this topic looking for suggestions lol. Another thing i noticed to if i turn the car off and leave the headlights on & the heater on, the heater stays on too until i turn off the headlights.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:54 PM
DTN

Definately a short somewhere. Try getting the car off with the heater and headlights running and poking around under the dashboard until they turn off. It will give you an idea of where to start. Probly somewhere around the wiring harnesses.. any other oddities?
Old 12-13-2007, 04:00 AM

Huh? Why would i poke around under the dash to try and find a short? I know Exactly What causes it i just don't know why it happens.. lol.. If i Turn my High on it Blows Instantly.. That would be the same as your poking around i Guess.. I have Changed nothing.. There are no Fuses blown.. and there is no sign of damage to any wiring, I guess i'll just look over wiring diagrams for awhile.

Thanks guys.

**Edit**

Sorry i read that wrong .. Yeah i'll try that too.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:37 AM
DTN

^^ Yeah, i was saying use some precussive troubleshooting techniques. You're bound to reveal the weak component. This is definately an odd problem. Keep us updated. I one time changed a tail bulb and it caused my corners, tails, and interior lights to come on every time I hit the brakes.

What modifications do you have done?
Old 12-13-2007, 04:40 AM

All i really added was a Deck about 3 1/2 years ago.. I just went for a quick drive to work.. While driving for fun i punch the side of my dash and it blew that fuse. I can see how that could be my fuse blowing issue there, but why would that cause all four of my headlights to always be on? I'm thinking some wires got fused somewhere.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:04 AM

Haha Well this is getting frustrating .. I removed the Cd player.. Retaped all the wires.. Changed all the relays and fuses... shook all the wires.. and still nothing.

A friend of mine suggested the actually switch in the column? Is that possible? I hate wiring.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

just a long shot but take a test light and check if your getting good ground connect to all four driving lights. I'm just thinking maybe your high beams are not getting a ground connection except when your low beams are on so maybe there is a short in your high beam ground wires