Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Blower/fan Knob Not Working?

Old 12-30-2007, 05:13 PM
TDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

A couple of months ago, the 01234 Knob that controls the fan speed was starting to act wonky. The '2' positon stopped working. Annoying but liveable. Everything else kept working, heat, a/c, recirc, direction (floor, face, defrost, etc). Now, in the dead middle of the Canadian winter, my 1, 2, 3 positions are not working. All I have left now is the '4' which puts the blower on full blast.

Now, this is not optimal as I alternate between too hot and freezing. Plus its noisy as hell.

What should I be troubleshooting? I looked on hmaservice and I have found references to a "blower resistor" and checking the continuity of the switch. The console I have taken off and I am in the process of getting to the switches in the hope its something stupid like a connector popped off the back of the knob or something.

Dan

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...blower+resistor

Doh - Just found this... Sounds like my problem. now off to check this thing out!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think you got it. i did some reading on this a few months ago when my blower stopped working.

if the blower works on some but not all speeds, its the 'blower resistor' which is really easy to get to, at least on my accent. its attached to the fan blower unit under the glove box on the right side of the dash.

but my problem was different. the blower worked intermittently for about a year....sometimes worked/sometimes not, regardless which fan speed. finally it stopped working altogether. it turned out to be the 'blower relay', which is behind the coin box on the left side of the dash on my accent.