Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

blower fan..

Old 07-20-2004, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

okay, i have noticed that my engine has been unusually hot lately...and i also noticed a strange smell coming from it whenever i drive for extended periods of time, or very fast (usually 90).
i opened my hood up the other day and i saw that the fan on the left (i dont know what it is, but i think the one on the right is the radiator fan -- this is from your view in front of the car looking under the hood) was unplugged. i let the engine cool down, then plugged it in and it seemed to work fine. i don't know how long i have been driving with it like that..and i have always noticed a smell if i drive over 90 or 100....i think it may have always been like this (about 3-4 months), could this have caused any damage?
anyways---i plugged it in and it seemed to work fine, i drove over to a friend's to get some electrical tape and then taped it so it would hold.
today i stopped to get gas and noticed it was unsually hot again, i checked it and the fan had stopped blowing once again...but it was plugged in this time.
i got home, took the tape off and messed with it for awhile, the problem is that the cap for it (or the cover, whatever it is that is on the other fan) is gone, and now i can't get it to work at all..i don't think it blew a fuse but i can't tell because i don't know which to check (i suppose i could check them all but i don't thinkthis is the problem) especially beacuse while i was messing with it one of the two wires touched up (i don't even know how to correctly put the wires in the clip thing ...) against a piece of metal and i saw a spark so there is obviously power going through it.
i don't know how to fix it or why it even broke in the first place. damn i typed a lot sry.
thanks~!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:05 AM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650
Default blower fan..

1st make sure the fan is wired right, get a plug for it. (It may be going backwards or something)
2nd check fuses incar & eng bay.
3rd see an auto elec if it's still not right.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:07 AM

ok... spark=blown fuse most likely... check em all dude... even the ECU fuse... ya the ECU fuse. workin on my neon lights... i screwed up and touched two wires together accidentally.... went to start my car... NOTHIN. you pry dont have this problem but i did... and it sucked. but check all your fuses... inside the car and in the engine bay. then from there start checkin wiring, connections, voltages, etc. you will find it. if not, take it to the dealership