Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Big Trouble In Little Tibby

Old 10-03-2005 | 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Veilside Turbulence

disconnect what? battery terminals? disconnect the computer? if so, where is the comp. located [pics would be superb] sorry if i sound stupid but im neither korean or a mechanic laugh.gif frankly at this point i dont even care about the light, im just glad my car runs normal again thank you guys so much, it was so easy to fix. hail.gif
Old 10-03-2005 | 02:34 PM

Just pull the negative terminal on the battery.. you will have to reset your clock and radio presets.. but the light will be gone.
Old 10-03-2005 | 03:01 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

disconnect neg battery from battery terminal for more than 1 minute. then re-connect. that's it.

It should go away in time if that indeed was the problem.

By the way, I hope you didn't drive to much while the CEL was flashing.
Contrary to what people have said if the code was P0300-P0304 then that means it was a random mis-fire or cylinder misfir detected. When it flashes that means that cylinder is misfiring more than 2% of the time per 1,000rpms. This can cause damage to yout catalytic convertor (if you still have it installed).

This happened to me, but I didn't pull over since I have no cat to damage, but make sure you didn't damage your cat otherwise you will be back with another thread stating "CEL came back"
Old 10-05-2005 | 08:00 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Veilside Turbulence

it went off on its own tongue.gif