Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Best Fuel Additive For A 100k Tibby?

Old 05-25-2005, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a CAI off ebay with a cone filter.

Change to stock spark plugs, but make sure they are Copper NGV V. Any auto store.

And just get a set of OEM plugs wires. -- any auto store or Java.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

1. Add the B12 chemtool to your fuel at an almost empty tank, then fill.

2. Make sure you follow the B12 instructions if you add it to the oil, it's not supposed to stay in there.

3. OEM wires suck, so do the Magnecores for the Tiburon. Get either the NGK's or the ones made by PRD (check the group buy section), they are the best wires I've ever seen and a very good price.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:51 PM

but Redz, didn't we get a guy test NGK wires to be more resistant than OEM?

Did anyone test PRD wires? I know they look great, but I wouldn't want to loose power because of them.

I personally tested Nology HOTWIRES at the track and they slowed down my car by .4 of a second. Hope that NGK or PRD don't do the same.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:16 PM

Yes, he tested his NGK's, but we don't know how the test was done, and I belive that his NGK's were OLD that he tested.

Yes, in that same thread the results of the PRD's were posted.

VERY nice.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:34 PM

So Magnecors are the way to go? I don't really know what the difference is between the wires. All I know is that Magmecors cost a bomb!

I did put B12 in the oil, ran it for 5 minutes and then did an oil/filter change.

Also, how does one monitor the condition of the transmission oil for the 5 speed?

Thanks ALOT guys.

Aviv
Old 05-25-2005, 11:36 PM

IMO new stock wire is the way to go. According to REDZ NGK is the way to go.

Just drain the tranny oil out and replace it with redline mt90 and add some lucas oil stabilizer.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:00 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ May 25 2005, 01:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>There is no need to use expensive K&N oil filter. Regular filters work just as well.

<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

I realise there was a thread on this that showed that K&N filters seem to offer no change in the oil pressure... but I am not going to touch that at the moment. I do want to say this, stay away from the cheapo fram filters. They use cardboard as a filtering agent.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:46 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Just because one test, unproven, said that the NGKs had higher resistance doesn't mean that they actually do... he could have tested it incorrectly or gotten a bad batch of wires. You never know...maybe you should test yours?

I would go with Magnecor or NGK... NGK are less expensive and many people have had great results with them. Magnecor are more expensive, and I've run them on my cars and they've worked great as well. They last a long time.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:59 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

I started the other thread about the resistance of NGK vs. OEM. The NGK's were new, the OEM were several months old. I have sent an e-mail to NGK to see what they have to say about it. The product manager for wire sets is investigating and will be getting back to me. When I hear something back I will update my other post.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:12 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Screwdriver @ May 25 2005, 11:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>So Magnecors are the way to go? I don't really know what the difference is between the wires. All I know is that Magmecors cost a bomb!

No, as I said above, the Magnecores suck for our cars, don't bother. The NGK's have been the standard for our aftermarket, but hopefully the set tested were just damaged or something.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ May 25 2005, 11:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>IMO new stock wire is the way to go. According to REDZ NGK is the way to go.

No, NGK's are what are on my car, but I'm replacing them with the PRD's as I said above. The PRD wires are the best I've ever seen, and were rated the lowest resistance out of the 3 tested.