Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Best Exhaust

Old 10-11-2005, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tibbychick, everyone and their mom owns a G35 these days!

Personally, there's something about the deep exhaust tone in 4cyl that I like.

I can't wait to get to work on my exhaust.. Tiburons deserve an aggressive exhaust note with those aggressive looks.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:03 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Oct 11 2005, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>maieraprils got his custom exhaust for sale, its got the N1 muffle, but the piping is 3" which I know is big for NA...but if I go turbo again it would be good...</div>

WTF? When were you turbo? pics please...
pganpath@gmail.com

yeah 3" is way big for NA, I'd say no more than 2.5" (<<it's perfect).
Old 10-11-2005, 01:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2kShark @ Oct 11 2005, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Personally, there's something about the deep exhaust tone in 4cyl that I like.</div>

That, my friend, is an oxymoron.

3" piping with that lame Apexi straight through muffler will be loud as hell. So rule that out lol.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:07 PM

^true. If you want a deep ton ein a 4-banger you have to sacrifice performance and flow (a little if ya do it right). So straight through mufflers are outta the question (cuz they are the ALMIGHTY when it comes to buzzy exhaust). Large piping=no-no especially when you don't need it. Our cars don't have a 5.0L engine, lol. So there's no way it's gonna sound deep like a muscle car or 350Z.

What you can do, is get a hi-flow cat, and connect a catback exhaust to it 2.25"-2.5" with little to no restrictions in the flow of air, glasspack, good muffler.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:44 PM

I know, there are a lotta g35s. But still Im gonna pimp one. No chrome bling blingies, just some nice deep dish wheels, a lip kit, maybe some other stuff.

But anyway...

Yeah I never actually went turbo, I should clairfy that. I was 1 day away from it though. Had the Alpine kit and everything all ready to go and be installed, endlessmike was flew in on November 24th last year to install it. My car was totalled November 23rd.

They do make silencers for the n1s, right?
Old 10-11-2005, 03:45 PM

G35 and the 350Z are V6s engines, not inline 6s... and I hate to burst your bubble.. it IS possible to have a low tone in a 4 cylinder without losing power. It unfortunatly is not something you can do though, it depends on your engine's design.

Most modern 4 cylinder engines are short stroke, big bore.. good for revving high.. unfortunatly it tends to give the exhaust a nasty buzz. To get a deep tone, you need a small bore, long stroke. A "Square" engine works too, where the bore and the stroke are the same size.

I know this because my Spider has that deep tone. The Four Cylinder Fiat/Lancia engine uses the same stroke as a Chevy 350 (you can use the same rods too) and the exhaust tone has been likened as a cross between the deep throb of the Chevy and the banshee wail of a Ferrari.

Someday I hope to have a sound clip for you guys.. next year is my goal.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:36 PM

Hwarang 4-1 header, stock secondary cat, motoria catback (no silencer), aem intake is my setup and it's pretty deep. Not buzzy at all. I don't have any sound clips (sound like crap on the computer anyway) but Zhiryst has heard it and can probably vouch for the sound.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:32 PM

Im really wanting it to be more quiet than anything, but no buzzing...the one maier has has got a resonator, so I think that and a silencer and I would be ok...

what about headers now? What are the best? And I need 4-2-1 for manual or 4-1? I always forget which is best.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:42 PM

4-2-1 better for auto. Depends on what your looking for. 4-2-1 better low end/mid range power. 4-1 better top end power. My setup has a low deep idle and is moderately loud when driving. It gets angry when I have to put the hammer down, but I love that. I've never put the silencer in. So I don't know what it sound slike with ,but I've been around lots of cops and have even been stopped once or twice with no hassle about loudness. Definitely no buzzing though.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:42 PM

equal length's better than both. nana.gif