Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Best Exhaust

Old 10-11-2005, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I havent been keeping up with all the new parts and stuff that are coming out. Last I knew was that the MBRP was the bext exhaust made but I had one and didnt like it. The one I have now, I think its monza or something is ok but its too loud and the muffler tip is f'ed up anyway. Plus the cat thats on it is now hollow and the whole thing is just crappy, the headers are some ssautochrome pieces of junk....so I wanna replace the whole entire thing. But I wanna get something that it very good quality, that will last a long time, that will look good, and that isnt too loud. I love the sound of the 350zs and would want my car to sound kinda like that. Im just sick of it sounding like a frog.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Check out what blacktibs is selling now. Some REAL nice headers. He has a thread on here.

As for exhaust why don't you go custom? You can buy a real good muffler, a glasspack and cat if you need one and get a shop to make you a nice system.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:13 AM

nah I dont really wanna do custom, I just wanna buy one while thing that can be bolted on so I can dump it at my mechanics shop and have him throw it on there.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:14 AM

Midas can probably do a custom mandrel bend exhaust with a Flowmaster muffler. Great sound, even though it's a tad restrictive (hence why it sounds so good). Then I'd go with a hi flow cat and a nice, big glasspack.

**EDIT**

Oh sorry, no custom for you.

Honestly, if you want GOOD sound, go with the HKS Sport Exhaust w/ dragger tip. You can start off by bolting on just the rear section and than build your exhaust from there. I have heard nothing but good things about their exhaust.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:24 AM

In the 6 months I've been here, nothing beats Apexi in terms of looks, sound or performance.

The only hard part is getting one. From my understanding, less than 20 were sold.

Awesome exhaust.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:53 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

TC, your gonna have to go custom. MBRP = no more

Apexi = no more, g'luck finding one for sale.

JUst get the specs and design from Apexi, go 2.5" and buy a hi-flow cat, glasspack(optional), and Apexi N1 Muffler. I actually have an N1 muffler for sale (2, but one is sorta banged up). I'm gonna probably let the nice one go for 75 (instead of 200 like eBay).

but otherwise, for the header portion I'd say get HotShot thru FlyRyde, equal length headers (cheaper than gt headers and "crazier" according to Jaws021.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:55 AM

HKC's got an Apexi N1 replica, kind of like the one you described and his buzzes like a big, angry bumble bee....
Old 10-11-2005, 11:37 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You have to go custom... it would be the same as dropping it off at your mechanics to have him put it on. Make an appointment, drop off the car in the morning, come back that evening.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:16 PM

BTW.. 350Z= I6
Tiburon=I4

It'd be impossible to acheive the exhaust note of a 350Z/G35.

I'm not exactly sure about the quality of the HKS axleback.. some say it rusts out fairly quick, but it'll DEFINITELY give you a nice sound. Ask Long. He's got 4-1 headers too.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:24 PM

yeah I dont expect my car to sound like a g35...so i'll just have to wait until I get my own 35 ina couple years, lol

maieraprils got his custom exhaust for sale, its got the N1 muffle, but the piping is 3" which I know is big for NA...but if I go turbo again it would be good...in the meantime Id be concerned about it being too loud...but Im sure I could get a silencer for it. The price is right so I may go for it if he still has it..