Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Been Looking For a Cat Back For an 00 Tibby

Old 04-23-2009, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon
Thumbs up Been Looking For a Cat Back For an 00 Tibby

Hey Boys & Girls,
I got my 00 Tibby when i graduated high school and have now graduated college and have been looking for a cat back for my car since i got her. To keep myself sane i did other mods but always find myself sitting at my laptop searching for hours with no results. Anyone know where or how i can get my hands of a cat back for a 2000 hyundai tiburon?
Old 04-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

You have a few options actually. Just depends on how much you're looking to spend. smile.gif

1st option and the cheapest is to go somewhere like Midas or Monro Muffler, and have them install 2.25" or 2.5" crushed bent exhaus piping from the cat back. Get yourself a universal muffler from ebay and you're all set. This setup will probably run you somewhere between $100 and $250 depending on the muffler you get, and how much the muffler shop will charge you for the install * piping.

2nd option is to go with APEXi that sells a cat back for tibs. Or contact Import Shark and find out what they can get for you:

http://www.importshark.com/allperformance/....php?cat_id=140

Going with a name brand set up will cost you big bucks though ($600 and up). For the price difference between a name brand setup thats mandrel bent, versus a crush bent set up from a muffler shop is minimal. There's probably around 5-10 horsepower difference between the two, which isnt really a whole lot...but then again it depends on what you're going for.

Hope this helped some. Good luck. smile.gif
Old 04-23-2009, 06:06 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

cool.gif Ya good luck with that. beercheers.gif
Old 04-24-2009, 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Visionz @ Apr 23 2009, 02:30 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>You have a few options actually. Just depends on how much you're looking to spend. smile.gif

1st option and the cheapest is to go somewhere like Midas or Monro Muffler, and have them install 2.25" or 2.5" crushed bent exhaus piping from the cat back. Get yourself a universal muffler from ebay and you're all set. This setup will probably run you somewhere between $100 and $250 depending on the muffler you get, and how much the muffler shop will charge you for the install * piping.

2nd option is to go with APEXi that sells a cat back for tibs. Or contact Import Shark and find out what they can get for you:

http://www.importshark.com/allperformance/....php?cat_id=140

Going with a name brand set up will cost you big bucks though ($600 and up). For the price difference between a name brand setup thats mandrel bent, versus a crush bent set up from a muffler shop is minimal. There's probably around 5-10 horsepower difference between the two, which isnt really a whole lot...but then again it depends on what you're going for.

Hope this helped some. Good luck. smile.gif</div>

Hey thanks man. My stock pipes and muffler are starting to go. im going for looks not really hp so ill try the crush bent set. thanks.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

In that case then yeah....get yourself a nice universal muffler off ebay (they run anywhere between $20 and $75), and then call up Midas or Monro Muffler and tell them you have a new muffler and you want 2.25" piping put on from the cat back. If you're gonna put in a header, go with 2.5". The whole project from beginning to end should only run ya a couple hundred bucks. smile.gif
Old 07-09-2009, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001/hyundai/tiburon

if your staying with your catalytic converter and stock headers than i bought a sick exhaust system that sounds almost like a subaru sti without the silencer but i have a different set up so idk its still pretty nice!

cat back