Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Bbtb Options

Old 04-17-2005, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead @ Apr 17 2005, 11:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, that was the point I was making about turbulent air. tongue.gif At least we finally got that part of it straight. lol.gif I never saw those posts about the CAI... but still. The argument was whether or not a 65mm would show gains over stock... which compared to the stocker I believe it will as it better matches the Intake manifold to the intake itself. Which why you yourself are willing to try it. For the price for a used TB compared to one for $200-$300 more, I think its worth the money. I'm not arguing that a 65mm is going to show more gains than a 61mm which better suits the IM and for velocity's sake.<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

The problem is my man, you go bigger and your engine loses power at low to mid RPM's because the air is moving so slow. 61/62MM has been the threshold even the Koreans have stayed at for N/A, think there MIGHT be a reason why? I'd try it myself, to see, because I live at high altitude and we don't get enough air here, I'll also try it on my Airram, but not the stock IM. The Stock IM is sitting at 55 or 56MM. Great. You get tons of air right there and have a huge restriction.

Not good. In the end, the 65MM will show better gains, on Turbo/ SC'd engines for sure, but maybe not on the OEM IM N/A. Definately at high RPM's though.

Hell, i'd like to see 2Uniq send that 70MM BBTB he's got to someone with a N/A car to see what happens.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:55 PM

so to be safe i should stick with a 58-61 mm bore, correct?

any news on gtr tb's or should i just go with tigerlily at real engineering?
Old 04-19-2005, 07:52 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yes, that should be safe.

David is finding us a supplier for the GT's right now.