Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Bbtb Options

Old 04-16-2005, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Apr 16 2005, 03:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>^^^
We don't know that for SURE. I'm willing to try a 65mm for N/A. Specially with my airram, should be going on this month.

<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Damn straight you don't. I'm not only willing....I AM!
works fine....extremely noticeable difference accelerating already in high gears with the added MBRP exhaust, and OBX headers. I installed it with the cheapy eBay CAI and liked it. Took it off for a while. Installed headers/exhaust (w/ stock throttle body, then put it back on and WAPOW! When I'm cruising at 65 down freeway and floor it in 5th gear it feels like I'm accelerating from 2nd gear at 3grand. 65mm won't hurt w/ NA.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I assumed Random was talking about the 3.7L since Redz said that one was tried and didn't work and said the Mustang one wasn't going to work period. If the 4.6L is the one that can work with a little adjusting than maybe thats the route we have to take.

As for the size, I definately didn't think it would matter as well... especially if you have almost all of the intake stretch done. The throttle body is small, and really the only purpose it serves is to regulate the throttle and to connect the intake to the manifold. Therefore the performance from it is coming from having the throttle body ports matched to the manifold and intake ports.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:21 PM

I would like to see a before and after dyno to make sure it really works.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:23 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

if you guys are wanting a TB go to www.kspec.rdtiburon.com and post in the forum for 00-01 tibs, under the thread "PRODUCT REQUEST FOR GTR BBTB"
demand equals supply, (well sometimes)
Old 04-16-2005, 08:36 PM

If you want him to get a dyno, then send him the $60 plus gas money and the time he has to waste to go dyno a $40 part.

Besides seriously, if you think about it common sense tells you the size isn't going to make a difference (up to a point). With a CAI this is how your intake stretch is sized (Don't know exact size of Intake Manifold port, its just a guess from memory, I know its larger than the TB):

CAI (75mm)->Stock TB (54 mm)->Stock IM opening (56-59mm)

We all know that to get the most power, you need more air, and you need velocity. With just a CAI, the air hits a wall basically at the TB, then the intake opens again with the intake manifold. That creates a problem for air velocity right there. Now with a TB:

CAI (75mm)->Larger TB (65mm)->Stock IM opening (56-59mm)

The wall between the CAI and TB is reduced, and the area around the Intake manifold stays the same. Thats where the small gain in power and throttle response comes from with a TB. A 58mm throttle body is going to have a larger wall coming off the CAI, but it being port-matched (around at least) with the IM makes up for it, velocity wise.
-----
How much of a gain is to be made is up in the air. But with any TB, the gains aren't going to be massive, especially N/A. But its not going to be a loss by any means.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:39 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead @ Apr 17 2005, 02:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you want him to get a dyno, then send him the $60 plus gas money and the time he has to waste to go dyno a $40 part.

Besides seriously, if you think about it common sense tells you the size isn't going to make a difference (up to a point).</div>

HAM, I wasn't talking to you bud so mind your own business, I was justing saying I would like to see a dyno I didn't say for him to go get one and I wasn't talking to Pat in particular either, I was hoping more along the lines about Redz possibly doing one. You can loose power from having too much air. Save your lecture for someone who cares.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:51 PM

The only time your going to lose power from having too much air is if you outflow the engine itself, which I don't think a TB is going to do. lol.gif

Besides, I wasn't talking to just you, but to everyone in particular so they understand how the thing works.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:57 PM

I know that n/a cars can loose power from going too large on TB. I also know that sometimes people tend to think they're having gains from a part, when in reality, there's nothing to be had. Hell, I hope the 65mm TB works, I'd get one in a heart beat, but I would like to see if it truely works. The butt dyno can be deceiving sometimes.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:24 PM

True, in some cases you can. And you are right, the butt dyno can be decieving sometimes. If the TB is too big, than low throttle may suffer, although they're may still be gains at the top. Maybe we can all pitch in $5 for someone to go dyno it on a day they have off, or something of that nature.

I may buy one off EBay if I get a chance.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (krazykyle @ Apr 16 2005, 09:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>the 4.6L mustang TB's are the ones that are supposed to fit with some modification if you would have read a little more. There was one on ebay last week that went for like 26 dollars + 7.XX for shipping.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=7285
^^^
That's the page where we are measuring up and trying them all out. Let me know what you find out for sure. I know Tony said that the one you mentioned would work, with the holes opened up a bit to the center, and splicing on the TPS. I'd like to see someone try it for us.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mb1604 @ Apr 16 2005, 12:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>im not going with a mustang, if its made for a mustang put it on a mustang not a tib, i think 65 is too big, im sticking with n/a. redz how long you think it'll be before you get the gtr's? i wanna get my airram on by mid-may

That's why you should help out in the search in that thread I linked to above mang. Go out and measure up everything on every OEM or aftermarket TB you can find. I'm heading to a rice shop tomorrow to see what kind o' shizzle I canfind out.

As for your questions my man, I'm no expert, but let's see.

1. I wanna try 65. I'm running 61 right now (Stock IM), but would love to try a 65 on a BIM.

2. We should be selling them soon. The more you guys bug David at kspec.com about them, the more we will have.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Apr 16 2005, 03:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn straight you don't. I'm not only willing....I AM!

WTF are you talking about mang? You got one of deez shizzles? Tell us bout it bra.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead @ Apr 16 2005, 04:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>As for the size, I definately didn't think it would matter as well... especially if you have almost all of the intake stretch done. The throttle body is small, and really the only purpose it serves is to regulate the throttle and to connect the intake to the manifold. Therefore the performance from it is coming from having the throttle body ports matched to the manifold and intake ports.

Actually, what I said was...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The mustang one he got [Read= Faithofadragon] won't work. Period.</div>

It won't. It's got the idle bypass in the TB and

You'd think with all the shitstangs here they'd have some in the junkyards we could check out....

Faith?

For the rest of that Ham, it DOES matter. The TB is where you can also control your Air Velocity thru the size of the opening. Too big and you LOOSE power because more air CAN get in, but it's moving so much slower.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead @ Apr 16 2005, 08:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>The only time your going to lose power from having too much air is if you outflow the engine itself, which I don't think a TB is going to do. lol.gif <div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Not true. Read above.