Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Battery Relocation/optima/odyssey Battery Questions.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Sorry I have to do this to ya redz you n00b nana.gif

[s]http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...elocation\

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...elocation\

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...&hl=Battery

http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/race_p...ry_relocate.htm

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects...tion/index.html

http://www.ws6.com/batt-relocate.htm

I think i'll stop there LOL. Searching>Redz fing02.gif
Old 11-18-2007, 03:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Tanc, you are moron sometimes.

The threads you posted from RDTiburon.com , all have info about KITS, and some recommendations on wire gauge, but no lengths, or other parts listed. I know this, as if you had looked, I posted in almost every one of those threads.

I don't want to use a heavier gauge of wire than is needed, and need an estimated length from someone that's done it before. If that's too hard or no one answers, I'll just go measure it myself and see what gauge of wire I can fit through that hole near the clutch.

The rest of your posted links are for other NON RD TIBURON sites, and therefore won't be able to tell me what length, where to ground, ect.

So, you helped KINDA answer one question. What gauge. Some say 0 gauge, some say 4.

And on that note...

Old 11-18-2007, 03:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

LOL why the Ixion Tib? I think I used about 12 feet maybe. I bought 15 to be safe. Mine is 0 gauge. It splits and goes to the starter too though. Dont even remember where Im grounded right now.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:15 PM

Okay, doing some quick research myself, it looks like most of the PREMADE kits come with...

20 feet of wire for the positive, 2 to 4 gauge - Red.
2 to 8 feet of wire for the negative, 2 to 4 gauge - Black.
2 end eyelet connectors for each wire, matched to the gauge.
2 to 4 grommets for the wires going through things.
Some zip ties.

Any other suggestions? Will 20 feet be enough for me to run it back to my passenger side of the trunk?

Where should I ground it? Seat bolts in the back?

Any recommendations on the hookup of the positive wire? Do you take out the stock battery cable? If so, do you have to run everything currently connected to the battery all the way to the trunk?

Suggestions on BRAND of wire?

I just want all of my info before I go buying.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

My 0 gauge goes up to the front and then I used a distro block to go where I needed power.

I always use Stinger wire. Great quality and something thats important to me is how flexible it is.

Seat bolts would be a fine ground.

If you go to buy connectors and wire and stuff, I use seller bag-boy on ebay. His website is Darvex.com Very good prices and I cant believe how fast the shipping is.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:24 PM

Hmm, so you are saying that I take the OEMbattery cable, put it on a distro block at the front of the car, run a 0 gauge back to the rear, and power the wires taht are already up front on the distro block?

Good idea.

Yes, I LOVE flexible wires.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:24 PM

Next time before you jump the gun and start calling people morons, read the threads.

You asked what wire size to use correct? Its in the first link. It all depends on what you are running electronically. It depends on YOUR set up. Second link states that some people have run 0 gauge through the grommet near the clutch.

Im running 2 gauge, some people run 00 because of 100 amps and 2000subs. Some people run 4gauge because it was strictly moved to the back for weight distribution and they don't have any ICE. Here's also a chart that was in the first thread on how to determine what size gauge you should run for YOUR set up. http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

Also the length you need is again depends on YOUR setup. I only needed 10ft. Some might need 16. It depends on HOW you run it, WHERE you run it, and WHERE you want to place your battery. Listening to people and asking them for their length is retarded. They might not have it set up the way you intend to. So unless you want to end up to short, just measure how you want to run the wire.

Your grounding question, has been covered everywhere. Its the same as grounding an AMP. There are seat bolts that provide a very good ground if cleaned properly. Also a strut bolt can be used, but might look messy.

What else you need for your relocation can be found in ALL the google links I posted and even in some rdt links. Same with the "anything else" question.

So don't cross out very informative links that can help you out.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:45 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tanc @ Nov 18 2007, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Next time before you jump the gun and start calling people morons, read the threads.</div>

Now now, how else would I know what the threads were that you put up? I DID read them. That's how I knew what they said, as I said above.

And you are a moron, I've played n XBL with you before.

cool.gif fing02.gif

I'm just having fun.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>You asked what wire size to use correct? Its in the first link. It all depends on what you are running electronically. It depends on YOUR set up. Second link states that some people have run 0 gauge through the grommet near the clutch.</div>

I know this, I wrote this in my reply above. This is why I asked for FURTHER ADVISE and on what OTHER RDT users are USING that have DONE THIS.

I also wrote the part about the hole near the clutch...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Im running 2 gauge, some people run 00 because of 100 amps and 2000subs. Some people run 4gauge because it was strictly moved to the back for weight distribution and they don't have any ICE.</div>

Well, currently, as I said, my ICE is limited. I will be putting some removable subs in the back, 2 10's, with a cap and such that all easily pulls out for performance time. I'm wanting to do the wiring ONCE, so I'm leaning towards 0 or 2 gauge now that I read some on my own.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Here's also a chart that was in the first thread on how to determine what size gauge you should run for YOUR set up. http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm</div>

I just looked at all of the RDT threads again that you listed above, that link is nowhere in there. Thanks for showing me though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Also the length you need is again depends on YOUR setup. I only needed 10ft. Some might need 16. It depends on HOW you run it, WHERE you run it, and WHERE you want to place your battery. Listening to people and asking them for their length is retarded. They might not have it set up the way you intend to. So unless you want to end up to short, just measure how you want to run the wire.</div>

Not retarded at all. You just told me 10. Someone else posted 16. So, I know that 10 to 16 feet is going to be plenty more than likely, and that I do NOT need to order 20 feet.

This is the way communication works, I ask a question, others put in their opinons and what they used, I forumlate a plan based on the median or high end. Simple.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Your grounding question, has been covered everywhere. Its the same as grounding an AMP. There are seat bolts that provide a very good ground if cleaned properly. Also a strut bolt can be used, but might look messy.</div>

I don't have an amp, nor am I asking about how to ground one, as I've done that plenty. I'm asking about where to ground the battery. I don't know if one place is better than another back there. There could EASILY be a magic bolt back there that is perfect for it. Hence why I'm asking here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>What else you need for your relocation can be found in ALL the google links I posted and even in some rdt links. Same with the "anything else" question.</div>

If I wanted to use google to look it all up for myself, I would jackass. I don't. I want PERSONAL experience here from the folks on our site, so I can get a good baseline for what I need, buy it, then do a FULL diy here for everyone. I didn't even look at the other links, as that's not what I asked for. I asked for specifics.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>So don't cross out very informative links that can help you out.</div>

When I see some, I wont.

wink1.gif

I understand you are trying to help Tanc, I appreciate it brotha, but just let me get my info from the folks that have done it before, I don't feel like opening another google page right now. I've got like 20 different research projects going for RDT right now, last thing I need is another open window.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:59 PM

Go on AIM Redz...
Old 11-18-2007, 04:05 PM

I'm on, thanks again for all of the help guys.