Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Battery Cables Or Terminals?

Old 04-08-2005, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone here replaced the actual positive wire from their alternator to terminal? All the posts I have seen show people just adding a second, usually larger wire and keeping the stock wire in place as well. Not the solution I'd prefer.

I have some nice screw on Streetwire terminals for my battery cables, but I haven't used them yet because there's no positive wire length to spare, and removing the stock terminal effectively shortens it by an inch. I'm guessing the smaller wire from the alternator is for sensing the battery charge, so it should not cause any problems to remove the original power wire and put a larger one in, correct?
Old 04-09-2005, 01:51 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

larger one = OK

thiner = NOT
Old 04-09-2005, 02:38 AM

Yes of course, but why is it that no one replaces the stock power cable? I've seen DIYs on other car forums where people do the same as the one here, and just add a second cable. Is it laziness? More trouble than it's worth? Seems like there must be a reason.

I have several feet of 0 gauge power wire left over from an audio install. I'm planning to use that.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

ive been thinking the same thing. shaddoh pointed out something that is inline with the wire that can supposedly cause the alt to go bad if it isnt reconnected. ill just be connecting it to the new line though.

anywhoo, heres my terminals

linky....http://www.tsunamionline.com/product.php?id=6

they used to go for around 35 total on ebay but i cant find them anymore.