Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Bad Lag

Old 02-03-2006, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Oh, it's definately the TPS. If you didn't have it replaced yet, it's still a Dae Sung.

You can buy them at Autozone, only like $50.

If you don't have the time for the dealership free one that is.

Why don't you call in Mad, get an appointment, and tell them you only want that done, and you want it done the same time you go in. Only takes about 1/2 hour to diagnose, and 5 minutes to replace.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:23 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Oh, it's definately the TPS. If you didn't have it replaced yet, it's still a Dae Sung.

You can buy them at Autozone, only like $50.

If you don't have the time for the dealership free one that is.

Why don't you call in Mad, get an appointment, and tell them you only want that done, and you want it done the same time you go in. Only takes about 1/2 hour to diagnose, and 5 minutes to replace.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Just to let you know that i recently had the exact same symptoms. i checked everything and was stumped as to what it was, then i thought when was the last time i changed my plugs? got new ones in there and it ran great. i was mad for forgetting real simple maintenance like that. hope your fix was as easy as mine

oh and i just ordered some red prd wires after seeing Redz recomendation on this thread, also picked up a pro control boost controller wink1.gif great site btw www.prdonline.com
Old 02-03-2006, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Just to let you know that i recently had the exact same symptoms. i checked everything and was stumped as to what it was, then i thought when was the last time i changed my plugs? got new ones in there and it ran great. i was mad for forgetting real simple maintenance like that. hope your fix was as easy as mine

oh and i just ordered some red prd wires after seeing Redz recomendation on this thread, also picked up a pro control boost controller wink1.gif great site btw www.prdonline.com
Old 02-04-2006, 01:52 AM

Vehicle: 2000

ok so i started my car today and drove it down the block and it started acting up again not as bad as it was but still noticable. i took it down to the dealers and asked them about the tsb on the tps they said they didnt know for sure but it was possible.(they said they didnt have a way to look it up). Anyway they said since i didnt have a warrenty that i couldnt get anything done for free. just the diagnoses would cost me 83 dollars.(may not even work because the check engine code turned its self off and hasnt come back) Thier advice was to wait till the check engine light stays on and it doesnt stop acting up.

Was i being feed abunch of crap? Do they have to replace it no matter what?
Old 02-04-2006, 01:52 AM

Vehicle: 2000

ok so i started my car today and drove it down the block and it started acting up again not as bad as it was but still noticable. i took it down to the dealers and asked them about the tsb on the tps they said they didnt know for sure but it was possible.(they said they didnt have a way to look it up). Anyway they said since i didnt have a warrenty that i couldnt get anything done for free. just the diagnoses would cost me 83 dollars.(may not even work because the check engine code turned its self off and hasnt come back) Thier advice was to wait till the check engine light stays on and it doesnt stop acting up.

Was i being feed abunch of crap? Do they have to replace it no matter what?
Old 02-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I would call another dealership and ask them about the tsb on the tps. Briefly explain your problem, and ask for info on any TPS recalls or TSB's
I'd call a few, check around and see. If you get someone who gives you the answers you need (let's you know there was a TSB on a TPS) ask them why your local dealership said they couldn't get that same information. The dealerships around here are in competition with each other and will report any inappropriate business (such as making someone pay for information that should be free). If they know your TPS has been a recall, they should tell you. The dealerships around here report each other or have customers report them.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I would call another dealership and ask them about the tsb on the tps. Briefly explain your problem, and ask for info on any TPS recalls or TSB's
I'd call a few, check around and see. If you get someone who gives you the answers you need (let's you know there was a TSB on a TPS) ask them why your local dealership said they couldn't get that same information. The dealerships around here are in competition with each other and will report any inappropriate business (such as making someone pay for information that should be free). If they know your TPS has been a recall, they should tell you. The dealerships around here report each other or have customers report them.