Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Bad Lag

Old 02-01-2006, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000

Lag is the easiest way to describe it. to day driving home from work i stoped at a light and when i went to go i pushed the gas and my car was really really slugish then after about 2 seconds of power loss and pedal to the metal it went back to normal, Just about sent me into the car infront of me. it did this the whole way home(about 20 miles) . if i was in high rpms it didnt seem to do it as bad. then it just kinda stoped doing it.I have no clue what is going on.

Also yesterday on the way home from work my check engine light turned on for about 15 mins and then turned off. I think the problems must be related.

any info will help
Old 02-01-2006, 11:56 PM

Lag is the easiest way to describe it. to day driving home from work i stoped at a light and when i went to go i pushed the gas and my car was really really slugish then after about 2 seconds of power loss and pedal to the metal it went back to normal, Just about sent me into the car infront of me. it did this the whole way home(about 20 miles) . if i was in high rpms it didnt seem to do it as bad. then it just kinda stoped doing it.I have no clue what is going on.

Also yesterday on the way home from work my check engine light turned on for about 15 mins and then turned off. I think the problems must be related.

any info will help
Old 02-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Go to a local AutoZone or any auto store and see if they will read your Check engine light. Even if the light isn't on, there may be a code stored in there.

I would check your spark plugs and wires. I don't know how familiar you are with cars or working on them, but have AutoZone or wherever you go take a glance.
- Remove spark plug cover with 10mm wrench
- Analyze wires for any splits or cracks
- Pull wires out and examine spark plugs with flash light. Make sure they still have a decent tip and they aren't badly burned

When was the last time your plugs/wires were changed?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Go to a local AutoZone or any auto store and see if they will read your Check engine light. Even if the light isn't on, there may be a code stored in there.

I would check your spark plugs and wires. I don't know how familiar you are with cars or working on them, but have AutoZone or wherever you go take a glance.
- Remove spark plug cover with 10mm wrench
- Analyze wires for any splits or cracks
- Pull wires out and examine spark plugs with flash light. Make sure they still have a decent tip and they aren't badly burned

When was the last time your plugs/wires were changed?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:06 AM

I'm not sure if they have ever been changed. I have had the car for about 25,000 miles and i havent changed them. A chick owned it before me so i have no clue if she did it either. the car has 70,000. I was thinking plugs and wires, or tps.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:06 AM

I'm not sure if they have ever been changed. I have had the car for about 25,000 miles and i havent changed them. A chick owned it before me so i have no clue if she did it either. the car has 70,000. I was thinking plugs and wires, or tps.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

My old car did almost the exact same thing; in fact a couple times it got so bad that it would stall when i tried to go. Just started happening out of the blue one day. Turned out the fuel filter just needed to be changed! (it was a pos car and I didnt take very good care of it haha) So try the fuel filter.

If its not that, my only other guess would be your tps... but im really not sure on that.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

My old car did almost the exact same thing; in fact a couple times it got so bad that it would stall when i tried to go. Just started happening out of the blue one day. Turned out the fuel filter just needed to be changed! (it was a pos car and I didnt take very good care of it haha) So try the fuel filter.

If its not that, my only other guess would be your tps... but im really not sure on that.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:10 AM

my car is due for a complete tune up so i better get busy tongue.gif
Old 02-02-2006, 12:10 AM

my car is due for a complete tune up so i better get busy tongue.gif