Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

B & M Short shifter

Old 07-05-2004, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if our tiburon's had any other short shifters out there that are as good as the B & M one. I have no problem buying the B & M short shifter i juz wanted to know if it had any other competitiors that i could look into.

Thx a lot

~peace
Old 07-05-2004, 12:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default B & M Short shifter

do a search for shifters on here my friend, it has been covered a LOT.

a lot of people have the adjustable rside advanced shifter. that seems to be the best one out there for us. you can find it on www.kspec.com
Old 07-05-2004, 02:49 PM

Default Where can i get Xenon Headlights for 2001 TIB?

as tibby01 said it has been covered many times. do a search. there've been good revies on the r-side S.S., and REDZ even made a DIY on the install. THere has been the problem of the SS hitting the cup holders but there has also been a DIY on fixing that as well. One more thing, did you ever get that PM i send you? If you have would you be kind enough to PM me back?
Old 07-05-2004, 04:39 PM

I have a B&M short shifter and it is great. Search around but it is the best right now. That is my opinion.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

B&M is okay, but by far nowhere NEAR the RSA (Rside Adjustable).

Myself, Hobgoblin, and some guy in Canada, and Cyscoo have all had the B&M and gone to the RSA. It feels much better, shifts smoother, sits MUCH shorter, and is lighter.

Not to mention, the stock knob with it is perfect, and the shifter is the only adjustable one out there.

There will be another GB for them coming up.

I got the RSA and sold my B&M ASAP>

There is also the RSide Basic, which Shark Racing claims as the "Shark Racing SS", but it requires you to cut alot of stuff. There is the OBX but it is VERY sloppy and tall. There are some others, but they are just variations on the ones we mentioned.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:35 PM

I would go with the RSA if I don't have to cut anything at all. Does it fit like the B&M shifter?
Old 07-05-2004, 06:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

What do you mean does it fit like the B&M?

It installs the EXACT same as the B&M. You should do a search on the GB we did mang and my DIY install. You'll see ALL the differences, shown in pictures.

You don't have to cut anything.