Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Auto Rx...looks Good?

Old 07-26-2005, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a post on HP.com about this seemingly wonderful chemical solution.

I figure it cant hurt, since I have 102K on the motor and the insides looked carbon coated when Pat and I installed the Airram.

Any users? critics?

http://www.auto-rx.com/
Old 07-26-2005, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I think any of those cleaning or restoring products are BS.
Use some B12 Chemtool in the crank, run it for 15 minutes, then change the oil (that will strip any harsh things off the metal, that shit will take hair off ur balls fing02.gif )
After that, put some good oil in and add some Motor Kote. I just bought some today, I'm gonna put it in tomorrow and see what happens.. www.motorkote.com it's supposed to just lube your parts better than regular oil.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:55 PM

Normally, I'd agree because none of them seemed like they could work by just pouring it in and then changing the oil.

This one, however, seems to have a strict set of instructions that you have to follow (that involves several oil changes).

I just bought two bottles.

They have a forum as well. Lots of happy users (unless its rigged)
Old 07-26-2005, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

15 minutes!!!

zoned you are really hurtin your motor if you do it for that long

it thins out the oil only do it for 5 minutes
Old 07-26-2005, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

LOL 5 is what I meant to type.
*B12 Chemtool bottle actually suggests 3-5 minutes.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:05 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

hehe

yeah same with the seafoam stuff and gunk engine flush

3-5 minutes
Old 07-27-2005, 08:17 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

hearye.gif

snake oil ---get your snake oil cure all even an itch ass

i am just think that is great to get that shit out of your motor, but it would thin the oil to the point my ??? is will it score the wall and mains you know shit like that
now if you us good oil syn or regular oil " good shit i would think that you would not need that at all

if you take care regular oil changes you dont need

as for me if i go to tague every weekend it is 168 km away and i get there berteen 30~40 mins 200km to 230 i change my oil evey 3 week almost. i have pulled my every 6 months and no sludge
Old 07-27-2005, 08:41 AM

Is Auto-Rx® the same as those inexpensive solvent flushes you can find at the auto parts shop?

A: No! The inexpensive solvent flushes that you find in the auto parts store use powerful solvents that can be destructive to your engine and seals. These products are “shock solvents”; they can only be kept in the engine a short time and have a tendency to break off large chunks of sludge that can get trapped in the engine’s oil passages. Clogged oil passages can cause engine failure. Oil is also negatively affected by the introduction of a solvent. It changes the chemistry of the oil, whereas Auto-Rx® does not. Auto-Rx® works slowly, methodically and efficiently and will take 1,500 or so miles to do its job. Engine deposits are formed layer by layer; they should be removed layer by layer. Auto-Rx® does exactly that

I think Im going to give this a shot. Worst comes to worse I'll be down $40 bucks. But I just bought the car with 99K miles on it. So even if I use the best oil henceforth, Im still not going to get rid of the carbon thats formed over the years. I've seen alot of BS products. This one doesn't seem like one. Oh well...who knows?

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor..._18902440.shtml

Aviv
Old 07-27-2005, 09:19 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

keep us posted on how it goes, i would like to know how it goes fing02.gif
Old 07-27-2005, 03:01 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Screwdriver @ Jul 27 2005, 02:55 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Normally, I'd agree because none of them seemed like they could work by just pouring it in and then changing the oil.

This one, however, seems to have a strict set of instructions that you have to follow (that involves several oil changes).

I just bought two bottles.

They have a forum as well. Lots of happy users (unless its rigged)
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

No it is not rigged. Because I used two bottles. To me a favor before you do the engine flush.. take out the valve cover and take a picture.. after your flush is done.. take another picture.. people won't believe .. thats how much it works. My engine was so much better after i was done.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad_john @ Jul 27 2005, 02:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>hearye.gif
snake oil ---get your snake oil cure all even an itch ass

i am just think that is great to get that shit out of your motor, but it would thin the oil to the point my ??? is will it score the wall and mains you know shit like that
now if you us good oil syn or regular oil " good shit i would think that you would not need that at all

if you take care regular oil changes you dont need

as for me if i go to tague every weekend it is 168 km away and i get there berteen 30~40 mins 200km to 230 i change my oil evey 3 week almost. i have pulled my every 6 months and no sludge
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Believe me.. this is not snake oil. THere is people who has over 100k on there engines and religously change there oil at 3k miles. and has sludge lot of sludge. You gotta believe me..t his stuff works good.

<span style="color:red">EDIT BY OP FOR DOUBLE POSTING. Please use edit button.</span>