Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Ape Motors Products

Old 06-05-2007, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

ok well if you sold some of your copied bars you made and made any kind of profit, wouldnt that be to fund your own stuff? this is so stupid. companies and people sell stuff to make money. enough off topic bs. this was for chris to sell some ape products, not for someone to complain about pricing and say it can be done cheaper. does it cost that much in materials and stuff to make, no. the point is that its the time and r&d that went into this and a company trying to stay in business. damn
Old 06-05-2007, 01:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Jim, you aren't a noob here anymore, and you just earned a few warnings. Stop posting off topic, this isn't about building new parts, it's about selling parts from APE.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jim @ Jun 5 2007, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So dont get your panties in a bunch there Javageek.</div>

You really should watch what you say, and who you say it to, Javageek happens to be the site OWNER and FOUNDER.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I said, that their rd traction bar kit was extremely overpriced and put down a rough estimate of the cost per materials. I mean, labor is expensive. But with my quote of 70$ per set of traction bars made is more than fair. Plus it would cover cost of use per machine used. I guess you could go on thinking what you want, but seeing as most people have waited months for absolutly nothing. I really dont think that this company really cares about customers and mainly about getting enough funding for their own projects.</div>

You seem to be a moron, and I've told you this in the past. Powdercoating and quality parts alone would cost well more than your $70.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>But if you really want to go into the whole idea of me "ripping off APE's design" read what redzman said on the first page of this post.
So I really dont know why your getting all upset when the idea of his stuff was already mentioned to be ripped off. The only difference is. I dont have the funding to buy his stuff and rip it off. So I will make my own kit for my car and with the money left over from not buying his kit. I will make duplicates of the one I made.</div>

Ohhh, but if you read further, you'd see that when I was given the proper information, I retracted what I said.

READ BELOW.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Apr 12 2007, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well shit Chris, that's all you needed to say man. You never said that you hadn't paid him for the other 2 sets of bars dude, that changes a LOT. I thought you had paid him, and he just didn't make them.

You see where I'm coming from?

Keep us updated, without all of the drama and extra shit man, everyone here is just asking for a quick, one SENTENCE update on what's going on.

Let's just both cool off eh?</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Im not saying I want their sales. Im saying that if I already had a design like they do, I wouldnt be stingy and think about pulling everything I had out of the tiburon comunity. I have seen this hundreds of times where people will make and build stuff for people to fund their own projects. When their projects complete. They stop wanting anything to do with them.</div>

Well, you are new to the community here, unfortunately, there isn't enough money from the RD folks or the Hyundai groups in general to keep you interested in making parts for them. It's a fact. We DO have folks that make a small run of parts, then don't make anymore because they have what they want (Col96FX, and others), but at least Chris is able to get Ape to stay interested.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Im not being a dick. Sometimes, I think people should really think about what was said before making asumptions about what a person has said. Then turning around and being completely wrong, and also neglecting the fact that someone else has already said, what you said I said. Then b****ed at me for not saying it, but saying I could make it for a little over the price of parts and price of labor. With creating my own design.</div>

I think newb asses like you should read a thread fully, and understand it, before they throw around accusations. I think they should learn who they are talking to, not post off topic, and start their own thread if they are interested in making their own new products. Nothing Javageek said was wrong. Yes, you could probably make a comparable set yourself, but that's not the point of this thread. Manufacturers like APE make parts to make a profit, not to get you a product and not make anything on it. It's called a Market Society, and it's the way things work on the internets.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Last but not least. I dont want to hear that because redzman is a mod that he is allowed to say stuff like that.</div>

I am NOT A MOD. You ARE A MORON. I am an ADMINISTRATOR. I can say pretty much anything I want, but I am occasionally wrong, or fly off the handle, like I did at the beginning of this thread. As an ADMINISTRATOR, I'm here to help the folks on this site get what they want, and not get screwed in the process.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Honestly, if im to be b****ed at. I think you would also look at other peoples posts too, before b****ing at one and not the other. So being that your going to get mad because I do speak my mind and im not afraid to say that your wrong in what you think.</div>

I honestly think you shouldn't tell the Staff what to do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I believe one of two things is going to happen. 1. Im going to get banned because you got pissed. or 2. Your going to delete this post.</div>

Wrong and wrong. You'll ban yourself, hell, you got what, 3 warnings in this thread alone?
Old 06-06-2007, 12:57 AM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

Hey guys im sorry if this is a little off topic but im just going to mention one thing. Those heim joints (sorry if I spelled it wrong) are about 20$ for a set of two, so your looking at 40$ in those how did you put it, "I bolt thingys that cost maybe 10$ for all of them." Powdercoating isnt an easy process either. I guess you could slap something together cheaply and end up with something that wont work properly.

You might be able to gather up all the stuff for cheap, but if your going to tackle it alone not knowing anything then your not going to get anything done. In the end you will just find yourself wasting money.

Please, mods/admins dont take this the wrong way. I on the other hand could make a custom set of traction bars for <u>my</u> car and end up spending less than what this company is spending to build them. Not much less, but I dont need to turn a profit, and I dont have a name to stick on them, nor a business to run. It is a shame that people will make a run of a few custom parts and then quit. Oh well, more things for me to tackle.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:58 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

No worries, what you said is right on target.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Banned

purple nurple, thats pretty much exactly how it is..

big RED, ROTFL at the whole pwnage thing.

jim, ya gotta just learn when its time to stop posting, only will get ya into more and more trouble..
Old 07-02-2007, 06:07 AM

Got mine in last week. They look awesome fing02.gif. They look and feel to be made out of some pretty strong piping.

Sorry for the lack of pics, just had enough time to snap a couple. Will get some more if requested.

So yeah, these are starting to ship out smile.gif.

Thanks Chris for supplying another great product fing02.gif