Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Ape Motors Products

Old 04-18-2007, 01:00 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shipped out two more traction bars and another set of GK bushings today. Lots of people are getting the APE parts, so I'm more than happy about all of this!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:14 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

My bar included? If not what about my bushings?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:20 AM

They were GK bars. Yours is soon to be completed my man. The bushings I have in stock, are all half kits of GK bushings. That means there are only the large size bushings left, and Tom has a ton of them too because I've been selling all the small size ones to you guys. Your bushings and bar will ship out sometime in the next two weeks. Thank you sir!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:58 PM

I figured they were but I had to ask because at the end of the month my shipping address is changing because I'm moving. I'll email you the new one when I get it.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:52 PM

Guys bushings are in stock again! Orders are ready to ship tomorrow. Thanks all! Your help was greatly appreciated and helpful to the community for sure! We just got all the specail heim pieces back in stock today, so hopefully we'll have maybe one more week, and then the RD Bars will be ready to ship as well!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Please put me down as interested. I will pay when they are in stock and ready to ship.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:28 PM

Chris, just sent you the new address.

So... I'm hoping I'll be getting new parts(i.e. traction bar, shifter bushings, yellos SUN ground wires) in the mail soon? cool.gif
Old 06-05-2007, 02:42 AM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

Uhm... Ok. Just a small question.. I dont know anything about the gk's so this might be a stupid question at that. But if the traction bars are "so much more complex" what exactly do they attach to?! I mean unless you have to weld the little thingy to the bottom of the knuckle asymboly and then weld that other triangular thing to the chasis. Thats the only thing I can think of why there is so much "less" to the kit. But technically, couldnt you do that with the rd set?! :-\ I mean I havnt spent much time under the car but I figure for that ammount of money I can make a set from a modified honda kit or what not. Then still have enough money to make another kit to sell to someone else. I mean you have probably 60$ in flat plate steel and the pipe Those other bars even if they are rod stock drilled and tapped out you only have an aditional 20 or 30$ next you have the i bolts with the swivle bushing again probably 10$ for the both of them. The grade 8 bolts im going to guess I could find them at the local hard ware store for 1.50 a peice with the washers and what not... now for the total and adding up the price..... 90+10+3=103+labor for everything im going to say 50... so there is 153$ Im going to asume that the machines used. Pipe bender, mig welder(if it is mig welded), drill press, and taps are all owned and each peice isnt sent out to be machined. So I will add another 20$ for cost of use. Were at a whopping 180$

Im not saying I can make them better. But I know I can take the stuff to a machine shop tell them what I want done with the peices after I get the lay out and everything done. for what it need to be. Have the traction bars made for under 180. Professional welding, drilling, and tapping. I could have done for probably 70$ at this place B&B around here. I dont know. I will head out to the local parts store tomorrow and actually get prices for everything. This seems like a good way for me to make money... Sell them for 20$ more than I can have them made for..... cool.gif
Old 06-05-2007, 06:49 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jim @ Jun 5 2007, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Uhm... Ok. Just a small question.. I dont know anything about the gk's so this might be a stupid question at that. But if the traction bars are "so much more complex" what exactly do they attach to?! I mean unless you have to weld the little thingy to the bottom of the knuckle asymboly and then weld that other triangular thing to the chasis. Thats the only thing I can think of why there is so much "less" to the kit. But technically, couldnt you do that with the rd set?! :-\ I mean I havnt spent much time under the car but I figure for that ammount of money I can make a set from a modified honda kit or what not. Then still have enough money to make another kit to sell to someone else. I mean you have probably 60$ in flat plate steel and the pipe Those other bars even if they are rod stock drilled and tapped out you only have an aditional 20 or 30$ next you have the i bolts with the swivle bushing again probably 10$ for the both of them. The grade 8 bolts im going to guess I could find them at the local hard ware store for 1.50 a peice with the washers and what not... now for the total and adding up the price..... 90+10+3=103+labor for everything im going to say 50... so there is 153$ Im going to asume that the machines used. Pipe bender, mig welder(if it is mig welded), drill press, and taps are all owned and each peice isnt sent out to be machined. So I will add another 20$ for cost of use. Were at a whopping 180$

Im not saying I can make them better. But I know I can take the stuff to a machine shop tell them what I want done with the peices after I get the lay out and everything done. for what it need to be. Have the traction bars made for under 180. Professional welding, drilling, and tapping. I could have done for probably 70$ at this place B&B around here. I dont know. I will head out to the local parts store tomorrow and actually get prices for everything. This seems like a good way for me to make money... Sell them for 20$ more than I can have them made for..... cool.gif</div>

^^ When is the last time you went to Wal-Mart and told them how much cheaper you could make one of the items they make. If you plan on making a copy of the traction bars that APE made for us, do not plan on selling it through this website. This is a manufacturer that spent money and time on R&D and brought a quality product to us and you are basically saying you want their sales.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:34 AM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

Why would I have to rip off their idea. When I have the skills to actually build stuff. In all actuality most sets of traction bars are just adapted from other peoples designs. I have yet to see a kit that is completely unique. I never said I was going to rip it off. And I never said I would try and sell it on here. So dont get your panties in a bunch there Javageek. I said, that their rd traction bar kit was extremely overpriced and put down a rough estimate of the cost per materials. I mean, labor is expensive. But with my quote of 70$ per set of traction bars made is more than fair. Plus it would cover cost of use per machine used. I guess you could go on thinking what you want, but seeing as most people have waited months for absolutly nothing. I really dont think that this company really cares about customers and mainly about getting enough funding for their own projects.

But if you really want to go into the whole idea of me "ripping off APE's design" read what redzman said on the first page of this post.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>1. Plenty of folks want stuff from Ape, but with the problems we've had getting them in the past, I think the patience is worn out. If this guy is giving up the goose already, f*** him. Sorry, but I've had enough of picky ass vendors, either make the parts, or don't, but don't make it sound like it's our fault that YOU (APE), take months to get parts out to folks.

2. I thought you weren't supposed to be selling anything that WASN'T ALREADY IN HAND?

3. Can we get some updates on the CF and other projects, that were "Going to be totally finished in 2 weeks tops", 2 months ago?

I'm just tempted to get a set of the bars from someone that ordered them and hasn't installed them and have my new contacts copy it, and sell it for $100 less. The bushings are readily available elsewhere, and if Tom's attitude is like that, I'm going to contact the companies for them.</div>

So I really dont know why your getting all upset when the idea of his stuff was already mentioned to be ripped off. The only difference is. I dont have the funding to buy his stuff and rip it off. So I will make my own kit for my car and with the money left over from not buying his kit. I will make duplicates of the one I made.

Oh, and the whole wal-mart thing was just stupid. Because they are the company that buys and knocks off everything else and sells it at 30% less. Unless your saying APE is wal-mart, and then thats even more of a reason not to buy from them. I would go with a better analogy would be like me going to snap-on and saying that I could make all their tools cheaper, but craftsman already has that covered now dont they.

Im not saying I want their sales. Im saying that if I already had a design like they do, I wouldnt be stingy and think about pulling everything I had out of the tiburon comunity. I have seen this hundreds of times where people will make and build stuff for people to fund their own projects. When their projects complete. They stop wanting anything to do with them. Im not being a dick. Sometimes, I think people should really think about what was said before making asumptions about what a person has said. Then turning around and being completely wrong, and also neglecting the fact that someone else has already said, what you said I said. Then b****ed at me for not saying it, but saying I could make it for a little over the price of parts and price of labor. With creating my own design.

Last but not least. I dont want to hear that because redzman is a mod that he is allowed to say stuff like that. Because then there would be no point in alowing another person, to atleast say something along the same lines as what he said. Honestly, if im to be b****ed at. I think you would also look at other peoples posts too, before b****ing at one and not the other. So being that your going to get mad because I do speak my mind and im not afraid to say that your wrong in what you think. I believe one of two things is going to happen. 1. Im going to get banned because you got pissed. or 2. Your going to delete this post.