Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Ape Motors Products

Old 04-13-2007, 12:57 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Vegas for the night. Coincidentally, so is Tom. I'm meeting him at the race track in the morning with 500 bucks to start a full run of GK bars, RD bars, and ONLY RD bushings. He said the others dont sell, and we have a ton of large bushings left because you guys kept buying up the small ones (RDs use two small size bushings). He said he's going to make a bunch of them to save on cash, and he can slam out the Bars as well. He said he's in Vegas because he just finished a customers car that is winning in its class here in Vegas, and that his schedule is open for the next two weeks, so this is perfect. Thought you guys would like to know wink1.gif
Old 04-13-2007, 07:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

The entire time we were waiting on the traction bars, your excuse was something like "The bars are on hold because APE is working on their car to get into the 10's".

Obviously their car and glory is more important than making parts for us. So when it comes to pre-ordering from them, I wouldn't assume the parts would get made in any timely manner.

Hell, they don't even bother getting online.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:00 AM

I think most of it was my fault Jon. I didn't manage the buy like I was supposed to, and I was having a very hard time working with my families business at that time. I dont blame you for being skeptical, or worried that this will be a repeat, because that's all you've seen from me and APE. That's all the more reason for me to keep this a smooth as possible, so that hopefully I can regain your trust in matters like this. I blew it before man, there's nothing else I can say about it. Plus just remember, making traction bars from scratch and putting in time for R&D, then redesigning something 2 different times because we all wanted more clearance took time. That time was what should have been spent on customer cars that bring in cash to pay the rent. After it was all said and done, the guy didn't even break even on the Time/Profit aspect, and he still got the car ready for races and did what nobody ever could. It makes sense to me man, but like I said, I know I blew it, whereas most everyone assumed it was just Tom not caring.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:20 AM

Count me in!!!!I will take a set of bars for an 01 RD, let me know when they are ready!

On a seperate note you haven't returned my call regarding sponsorship get back to me if you can.
Zippy1
aka Mark
Old 04-13-2007, 01:42 PM

hey man sorry to be OT but you said you have no rd bushings so does that mean you didnt send mine out? you said you did and i trust you but where is my tracking number?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I'm interested in the RD bushings. Please PM me when you have a better idea of hen they're available - I'll definitely buy. Thanks
Old 04-13-2007, 02:35 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

I may be interested in the RD traction bar. Especially if they will be coming into short supply.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:58 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Coupe

Any chance of getting a set of RD bars to the UK?
Old 04-13-2007, 11:52 PM

Zippy I'll get on that right away! I added you as commited.

rollwitstyle they shipped last week, and I ship the bushings USPS in little padded envelopes that cost you a buck instead of 9 bucks with UPS with tracking. If anyone wants UPS because they feel more comfy with tracking numbers, they're more than welcome to pay the extra 8 dollars for it, or just order traction bars as well, and they'll come in the box with tracking wink1.gif

The rest of you guys asking about the bars, I added you up. The bars will be made 10 at a time, as long as there is a supply. I'll be storing them here, so they'll be ready to ship out, and when we get down to 3 bars, I'll order more. If people keep wanting them, then they'll be available. I think after this thread, and after you guys all get your parts, the APE stuff will be ordered much more frequently. As for shipping internationally, that is no problem at all as long as I can get a money transfer for money order sent. I dont do paypal for oversees unless I've done business with you successfully in the past. But I'm down to get a quote on shipping for you. It wont be cheap, and I cant mark things as gifts too often, but I can let it happen for the sake of the buy. Just let me get a postal code and phone number for the shipping if you order, or if you want a quote.

Update on all of this. I saw Tom today at the Las Vegas raceway. The car he built ran a low 10 to set a new record at the track! I was also able to drop off 300 dollars more than he asked for so that this would go down as smooth as possible. I hung around for a while just to talk with him about the company. I told him as long as I keep bringing him orders, and I buy parts in groups, and then stock them myself, I dont see any reason why it wont make him some good cash. He agreed. He got 800 dollars to work with, and he's ordering all the parts for the shifter bushings and GK bars that just need to be picked up and powdercoated, no work involved. He's also picking up enough material to fab up 10 RD bars. If I sell all 10 in this buy, I'll go ahead and pay for the next 10 to be made directly after. He again let me know that he had some free time, and that he was considering getting some good work done on his website (since he never has a spare minute). He said he wasn't going to have time now that I'm putting a bunch of work on his plate, and I told him it was a much better use of his time. We agreed that I am the marketing for APE, and any updates or cool videos or pictures are much more useful when released through FlyRyde, since we are his only source of sales. So I think after this goes down, I'll be able to really get in and help him get the company marketing down pat. I'll beef up his new site with all the new stuff I'm adding to FlyRyde, and I want testimonials as well from anyone who wants to put in a good word and have it posted up on the websites.

So all is moving great guys, and I have you to thank for that!
Old 04-14-2007, 03:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

good to hear chris. glad that you can keep selling stuff for him