Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Ape Motors Products

Old 04-11-2007, 04:28 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so I've been selling the parts from APE for the past year or so.

I've sold about 7 RD Traction Bars, about the same in GK Traction Bars, and maybe 30-40 bags of bushings.

At this point, Tom has made his money back on the parts he created, and I sold. The progress in APE Motors has been with their 10 sec Drag Tiburon, not in performance products.

This is what I need of you guys. I have 3 GK traction Bars in stock, 0 RD Traction Bars in stock, and 0 RD Bushings in stock. I have a couple sets of GK Bushings in stock, and if I take the set apart, I can use the small bushings from two GK kits to make one RD kit. After what I just mentioned, there are NO MORE APE MOTORS PARTS! Period. I went ahead and purchased everything left Tom had in stock. I've done all the marketing for his company, and he's focused on building cars, and making one fast Tiburon.

BUT, despite the fact I've held down the business side of things, this could be it for APE and any performance parts for Hyundais. I'm asking for help from all of you guys, to keep APE Motors a company that manufactures parts for the Tiburons and other Hyundais. I'm also setting up some wholesale accounts to help keep orders strong enough for Tom to want to continue making more parts. But I cant do this alone.

I'll be frank about this. I still have 2 Traction bars for the RD that have yet to be built because of the low demand. I either owe refunds on these, or Tom will build a new run of 5-10 units. Same thing goes for the GK traction bars. Same with bushings and other engine fittings that he made and never sold many of. If I dont get him 20-30 orders right away, chances are we'll loose him as a manufacturer. If that is ok with you guys, by all means, dont worry about helping here. But if you've ever wanted to get some of his parts, and you were holding off for whatever reason, now would be a good time to show support. I garuntee if we dont do this, APE Motors will be a service business only, and nobody with a Hyundai will be able to afford to get custom work besides a tiny little fraction of a % of us. I'll continue to use Tom for my race cars, but I'm an idiot and I love to put 1000's into Hyundais for some reason? But that's just me. If YOU GUYS want APE Motors to stay a brand name known for superior parts that NOBODY ELSE will ever make, then I need your support. I want to fill up half the production run with orders.

I want to tell Tom to make 10 RD Traction Bars, 10 GK Traction Bars, 20 RD bushings, and 20 GK bushings.

So I'm looking for 5 buyers for GK Bars, and 10 buyers for bushings, 3 buyers on the RD Bars, and 10 of you for the RD Bushings. The bushings are cheap, and EVERYONE who has bought a set has been thrilled, and raved about the great performance they got out of them. I was sitting in traffic today, and a car died in the fast lane 20 cars ahead. We were all stopped. In a flash, I did a full on burnout and launch from the fastlane when the second lane was flying past, and I saw a breif window, revved up above 3500, dumped the clutch and layed down a serious launch with no skipping, torque steer jitter BS. Just a nice clean launch in the spur of the moment. I couldn't have done that without Tom's amazing parts, and I dont intend to let APE Motors slip away without putting up a fight. SO HELP GUYS!

RD Bars are 239
RD Bushings are 49
GK Bushings are 49
GK Bars are 159

I'll update the price of shipping the bars based off the next couple orders. Shipping on bushings is a buck!

Please spread the word, and I'll keep updating these threads on all the forums out there. This 1-5 list should show any progress made. If we cant fill up a least this list, we might be saying goodbye to APE Motors parts. Thanks everyone!

RD Bars
1.TopSpeedFX - interested
2.J3R0MY - interested
3.holeshot - commited
4.TiburonMoo - Paid in Full
5.SplinterCeL -Paid minus shipping
6.Zippy1 - commited
7.funkypc - interested
8.bal - interested

RD Shifter Bushings
1.Vladimer - interested
2.redturbulance - interested
3.mwood - commited
4.TokinWhiteGuy - interested

GK Bars
1.chaosripper45 - Paid in full - Shipped
2.nul7 - interested
3.Keyan - interested
4.BColeman - commited
5.theWorst - commited
6.Hyper Auto Club member - interested
7.Hyper Auto Club member - interested
8.Double Dizzle - interested
9.Kartunez - interested
10.delta119 - interested
11.rovinsky - Paid - Shipping
12.Dzignr_Tastz - commited
13.Kailin - interested
14.98tib - comitted
15.TurboWax - Paid in full - shipped

GK Shifter Bushings
1.Hyper Auto Club member - interested
2.Hyper Auto Club member - interested
3.Hyper Auto Club member - interested
4.Hyper Auto Club member - interested
5.Double Dizzle - interested
6.Dzignr_Tastz - commited
7.Herbtea - Paid in full - shipped

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Payments can be made through Paypal by sending cash to Payments@FlyRyde.com</span>
or through credit card by calling in the order to 909 770-2915.

Here all the pics of the Products:

RD Bars:

RD Bushings:

GK Bars:

GK Bushings:

And the amazing 10 second I-4 Automatic Drag Tiburon with Drag Video:

11.1 Sec DRAG RACE VID

Here's all the links to this multi-forum thread:

CrookedH

RDtiburon

Hyundai Performance

Newtiburon

EXD
Old 04-11-2007, 04:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

So why are the traction bars so much more for the RD's then the GK's?
Old 04-11-2007, 05:03 PM

^

there's alot more too them, there not as simple as the GK's
Old 04-11-2007, 06:17 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

Well unless there are brushings for Automatics I cant get them...02.gif

About the bars, Im really really low on cash right now. If I happen to come into cash( report cards and paycheck this week...haha I love h.s ) then Ill let you know if I can get on this.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:24 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

was planning on getting the bushings so ill try to round up some cash for it
Old 04-11-2007, 07:46 PM

will i be able to use these traction bars with a stock suspension (for now) on a daily driver? will these scrape bumps in the road or speed bumps if i lower the tib? will these have any kind of warranty? you said yourself, quality parts....... oh, and i know your hoooorrrriiibbblllly dreadful of this question, but how much time will it take to make them after all orders are made?

i have the cash for em, answer my questions above and ill see what i can do for you..
Old 04-11-2007, 08:14 PM

You know.... I'm pretty sure I told you I had several people that wanted APE stuff, but you kept saying you couldn't get them from him.

So anyways, I have 4 Hyper Autoclub members that want parts.

4 Sets of GK Shifter Bushings
2 GK Traction bars ... maybe 3, cause another guy just got a Supercharger for his GK.

We have a BBQ coming up April 28th.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J3R0MY @ Apr 11 2007, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>will i be able to use these traction bars with a stock suspension (for now) on a daily driver? will these scrape bumps in the road or speed bumps if i lower the tib? will these have any kind of warranty? you said yourself, quality parts....... oh, and i know your hoooorrrriiibbblllly dreadful of this question, but how much time will it take to make them after all orders are made?

i have the cash for em, answer my questions above and ill see what i can do for you..</div>

I have them on my daily driver. They work just fine. No clearance issues. However, they are squeeking a little now. haha. I have to oil the joints.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:37 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Set of RD bushuings for me please!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

1. Plenty of folks want stuff from Ape, but with the problems we've had getting them in the past, I think the patience is worn out. If this guy is giving up the goose already, f*** him. Sorry, but I've had enough of picky ass vendors, either make the parts, or don't, but don't make it sound like it's our fault that YOU (APE), take months to get parts out to folks.

2. I thought you weren't supposed to be selling anything that WASN'T ALREADY IN HAND?

3. Can we get some updates on the CF and other projects, that were "Going to be totally finished in 2 weeks tops", 2 months ago?

I'm just tempted to get a set of the bars from someone that ordered them and hasn't installed them and have my new contacts copy it, and sell it for $100 less. The bushings are readily available elsewhere, and if Tom's attitude is like that, I'm going to contact the companies for them.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:01 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I know you're fed up, so I feel you. Look though, Tom didn't ask me to post this up, he has no clue. I just know that the attitude of screw him, or screw them, has been associated with companies who never gave a crap about the Tiburons or our tiny market in the first place. We have a true race car builder, making parts for us, and I dont want things to fall apart after I've made so much progress getting the company name known.

Sorry man, I just care on this one. I'm going to collect cash for Tom, and send it his way. I'm acting as APE on this one bro, not FlyRyde. I just got him set up with paypal, so sending him the cash to get everything made up will be no problem. Really though, making 5 bars at a time just isn't worth the time it takes to produce them. I'm coming through on a ton of orders, so that he can make up what is needed. The only parts that need his time, are the RD bars. If you dont want me to fill the last 2 orders I have left on those, too bad. I'm going to do what I can to get the parts produced for those patient members, who have told me straight up, they just want the bars, not a refund. So let me deal with that.

Go check my FlyRyde Updates page so we can chat about my selling methods or anything pertaining to the past few months. Thanks bro, you'll dig the updates!