Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Anti-freeze

Old 09-23-2008, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

I first heard of this stuff when i was rebuilding RX7 over here, I have nothing but good thing to say about this. As a engine builder/Tuner when i use regular anti-freeze. I noticed 2 thing one the water temp would spike from time to time and it would take longer for the rad to cool down the engine. Also when i was re-mapping i could not advance the timing as much as i wanted to due to the fact that the knock sensor would start to pick up knocking allot of knocking..

So i took the leap and gave it a try. Man oh man was i impressed. thing i noticed the engine would not get as hot. it ran alto cooler then before. also when i went to re-flash i could add almost 30 plus degrees of spark advance and it would not knock at all..

knocking you may ask what does that mean to me..

us guys with turbo/SC knocking means BOOM in a big way.. if you want to see what knocking will do to a engine.. take a look at a member here Bal's engine.. his engine went for 2 reasons 1. lean 2. knocking

the other good thing about this stuff is the fact that you can run a low/no pressure system. and it wont boil-over or expand in the cold.

I highly recommend this.

So far i have gotten my stuff off of ebay from this guy. he is good honest and has helped me out..

http://stores.ebay.com/Cooling-Solutions_W...sQ3amesstQQtZkm

you can contact him first and tell him john magoon from korea sent you. you can deal with him direct or though ebay..

keep in mind that if you go though ebay you could not get the best deal. so contact him first then go from there..

EVERYTHING I ORDERED FROM HIM I GOT.

this man is good people and is very honest.

P.S. mod and admins could you make this a sticky.. and edit as you see fit or del..
Old 10-31-2008, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Bumping this up. MJ, is two gallons enough for us?
Old 10-31-2008, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

if you have a Koyo. you need almost three

Get one case 4 gallon

Why? you only top off with Evans and Evans alone.

DO NOT ADD WATER.

don't forget to get some compressed air and blow out the old stuff in the heater core.

Read all documentation on there web site.

also as a up date to this. my water temp while under boost never goes above 85c
Old 11-01-2008, 12:09 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The koyo I got from SR, I think, was for a GK and it took just 2 1/2 to fill it up. 1 1/2 can of antifreeze and one of water would have been fine.

Btw... what's it mean when the antifreeze smokes when you add water? Is that impurities or normal?
Old 11-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Banned

all koyos are for the GK.. they just work for the RD also.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:04 PM

You also added water. This does not need any water. And my entire cooling system will be brand new so no worries about blowing old stuff out. Thanks MJ
Old 11-01-2008, 06:21 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ no, that's including water. It just took 2 1/2 gal to fill my radiator and surge tank. I read that Koyos took more so I bought 2 antifreeze containers and was suprised when I added just a few drops and it topped off my coolant system. I burped it, added a bit of water into my radiator and the rest went into the surge tank, it was done. 2 1/2 gal total.

It's interesting and it says that it dosn't build pressure. What does that mean? Do I have to change my cap or thermostat? I'm already running a low temp 180 degree thermostat.

Another thing, will contamination hurt this stuff? I usually change my fluid when I drain it for any reason. Is this stuff reusable or will small ammounts of impurities hurt it?

What benefits would I see from a NA engine? They said it reduces detonation. The ECU uses a knock sensor to determine the proper spark advance. So I assume that the ECU could advance spark timing more, generating slightly more power.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:39 PM

Without a tuner it wont really do anything for you. Maybe slightly cooler temps but the ECU has a max advance value that it will not pass.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:50 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

From the FAQ on their site:

Question: How much Evans Coolant will I need for my system?
Answer: While these numbers may vary slightly; Small Block engines typically require a minimum of 4 gallons while Big Block engines require at least 6 gallons.

Question: Does the engine block need to be drained? ..Why?
Answer: YES! This is the most common mistake when converting to NPG. NPG is not mixed with anything. The Engine Block, Radiator and Heater Core MUST BE EMPTY. The block alone holds 1/2 the capacity of the cooling system liquid. Draining the radiator in the average American V8 leaves 2 gallons of coolant in the engine block.

Any info on how to completely drain the block on a tib?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:55 PM

Open it up and blow air through it. There is no way to completely empty it. They do have a product to clean it out though. Or do what I did and start with a brand new motor and cooling system. lol