Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Another Exhaust Build Thread...

Old 11-21-2008, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 & 2001 Tiburon

I hate being one of those guys that always has an excuse.

I went to wal-mart last night at 12:30 and bought a nikon S550. I had had my eye on this camera for awhile.

So this morning I went to get some clips.

I spend about half an hour positioning the camera and flooring my car.

I got home to upload the videos and what do you know, none of them recorded!

So I spent awhile messing with the camera and eventally had to return it to wal-mart because it was defective.

That was about an hour ago. I am now sitting in the airport waiting for my plane.

I'll be out of town for 9 days, but I promise to get clips then.

So the moral of the story is F**K wal-mart. I'm so pissed right now.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:11 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

excuses, excuses...jp no worries...
Old 12-02-2008, 06:24 AM

Great job on the exhaust man. I am not sure if you still have the headers wrapped, but you might want to do some research on that. A lot of people claim it causes the metal to crack because it does not allow the heat to escavate. I had this problem when I wrapped some pacesetter headers on my celica.

By the way I ended up having a local shop thermal coating my headers. Looked good and kept temps down.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:10 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

it looks good. i would have gone .. coated buy jet-hot with there sterring silver that would look nice..

for most NA app 65mm~68mm is the best size for the tibby
now for tubos up to 350hp 3 inch to 3.5 could go to 450

anything above 450~and up you must run 4' or you will loose your top end

that is what we do here and it is more or less the standard

I guess i am ricers i am running 4 inch exhaust

on another note. i have used the standed 3inch pipe along time ago i went from a 4 to 3 inch. things i notced about running a 3 inch pipe

higher egt
louder
no top end
turbo lag
response

so unless you have tryed it off first hand dont dont knock it my frinend. and judgeing from the prices for SS back home no one will do it because of the price.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Banned

lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif haha.gif haha.gif 4" exhaust is NOT needed nor close to being utilized at 350hp, much less 500hp..

3" exhaust is good for 400hp+ without out-flowing the pipe and decreasing your top end..

3.5" exhaust is good for 500hp+ without out-flowing the pipe..

so why the hell would it be standard to use 4" in a 350hp+ application.. ricers make me sad..

and ON TOPIC.. for ANY N/A tiburon in existence, 2.25" i plenty, 2.5" is just a more standard size.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:33 PM

Vehicle: 1998 & 2001 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Great job on the exhaust man. I am not sure if you still have the headers wrapped, but you might want to do some research on that. A lot of people claim it causes the metal to crack because it does not allow the heat to escavate. I had this problem when I wrapped some pacesetter headers on my celica.

By the way I ended up having a local shop thermal coating my headers. Looked good and kept temps down.</div>

Thanks man smile.gif

Ya I heard that to, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. I want to keep temperatures down because of some of the stuff I have in my engine bay(LEDs).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>it looks good. i would have gone .. coated buy jet-hot with there sterring silver that would look nice..</div>

Thanks John fing02.gif

Anyway, I'm really sorry for the long delay guys.

As soon as I got back from my "vacation" I was slammed with all my finals at once, and I was VERY behind owned.gif

But, I finally got the clips.

I spent the better part of today editing them down and putting them into a video.

Sorry it's kinda long but it's a good recap for this thread.

Watch the whole thing, the good stuff is near the end!

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD3Jh_4S_GY

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Also, I don't know how to embed video links, maybe a Mod knows how to do this(hint, hint) smile.gif
Old 12-11-2008, 08:53 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

sounds really good actually, love the flybys at WOT, sounds sweet
Old 12-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Banned

very awesome video, and very nice souding, well put together exhaust.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:24 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Dec 2 2008, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif haha.gif haha.gif 4" exhaust is NOT needed nor close to being utilized at 350hp, much less 500hp..

3" exhaust is good for 400hp+ without out-flowing the pipe and decreasing your top end..

3.5" exhaust is good for 500hp+ without out-flowing the pipe..

so why the hell would it be standard to use 4" in a 350hp+ application.. ricers make me sad..

and ON TOPIC.. for ANY N/A tiburon in existence, 2.25" i plenty, 2.5" is just a more standard size.</div>

I went with 2.5" on my custom cat back, only because it is press bent as oppossed to mandrell bent. If the bends were mandrell bent I would have been fine with 2.25".
Old 12-11-2008, 09:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

at first, i thought it sounded alright, then i heard the driveby videos and it sounds awesome! Just wondering though what do you estimate you spent on the whole exhaust itself