Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Alternator Help!

Old 11-23-2011, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Did you replace your steering pump and did it help? My problem sounds exactly like yours..belts squeal at startup and when I turn on the heat...steering slips a bit when I start up... definitely gonna go get my alternator checked anyway but please let me know if it was your pump, thanks.

Originally Posted by 97blacktibby
I have the exact same problem. It squeals when i first turn my car on, when i turn the wheel, and turn on my lights etc. I took it to autozone and they tested it and said it was bad. I got a new one and it did the exact same thing a couple days later. Took it the a local mechanic and he said that it was loose and out of line. I got it back from him and not a week or so later it was making that noise. Bought new belts and it didnt work. I had my dad look at it and he noticed that when i turned the wheel, the pulleys on the steering pump actually sputtered and stopped until i straightened the wheel up. I dont know if that means those are just bad pulleys or my pump is just done. Its worse in the cold weather as well. Im going to replace the steering pump and see if that works, if not i dont know what to do either.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It's halfway related to this thread, and nobody is going to bite your head off for it, but . . .

if you have a problem with your car and you don't find a thread that is specifically about your problem, please feel free to click that Start New Topic button and make your own new thread. I'd recommend putting it in the Help forum instead of the Tiburon forum, while you're at it.