Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Alternator?!

Old 08-03-2004, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another stupid newbie question

hey there... i meed your help, can anyone tell me how many amps, is the alternator in your car?.... mine says 90 A.... but i want to be sure....

could I put a 75 A in my car?...

thanks
Old 08-03-2004, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Alternator?!

why would you want to put a less-powered alternator in your car?? that wouldn't make much sense. it could end up makin your battery die quicker because it's not gettin the proper charge that your car requires, and also put strain on that weak altenator because it has to work harder to keep everything running properly....

if anything, get a more powerful altenator. more power. arrrr rrr rrrrr
Old 08-04-2004, 06:01 AM

Default Iceman Billet Aluminum Throttle Bodies!

yea... I really doubt that a 75amp alternator could keep up with the requirements of a stock car.. let alone one with even a mildly powerful stereo and maybe brighter headlights.

Remember, you still need spark to go also..
Old 08-05-2004, 09:46 AM

Default Re: SR Whiteface Guages

Thans for your answer, i didnt want to change the alternator for ine with less power, the thing its that my altenator broke down, and i cant find a 90 A, so i was thinking that meanwhile I find a 90A, put one with less power, but know i know that i shouldnt...

thanks
Old 08-05-2004, 10:23 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: EiBach Kits and Parts

i just got like 200 pages worth of finds for an alternator on www.car-part.com

if i were you, id start calling or emailing those places and see if they would mind shipping to you.

chances are you could find one in a junkyard though. it is the same alt. found on the 96-00 elantra and 96-01 tibs.

searching through, i found that the beta2 engines look like they use the same part number. 37300A. so that means that you should be able to find the alternator on 01+ elantras and 03+(I-4) tiburon also.

and yes, the stock rating is 90Amps
Old 08-06-2004, 09:58 AM

Default Re: The Elantra is DONE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just got like 200 pages worth of finds for an alternator on www.car-part.com

if i were you, id start calling or emailing those places and see if they would mind shipping to you.

chances are you could find one in a junkyard though. it is the same alt. found on the 96-00 elantra and 96-01 tibs.

searching through, i found that the beta2 engines look like they use the same part number. 37300A. so that means that you should be able to find the alternator on 01+ elantras and 03+(I-4) tiburon also.

and yes, the stock rating is 90Amps</div>

Thanks..........I just got back my alternator............as good as new!.....