Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Alarm System

Old 11-10-2006, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm considering installing (or getting one installed) an alarm system in my car. Does anyone have any recommendations for brand, or other helpful tips?

I'm hoping it may help lower my insurance, even though it should be lower than it is since they still think the Tib is one of the most stolen cars in Canada (even though it doesn't appear to be on the top 10 list since 2003!). Plus, give me a bit more piece of mind.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:24 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

thats because noone wants the 2003+ tibs lmao.gif lmao.gif
sorry I dont have any help on security though - I live in the country
Old 11-10-2006, 09:38 AM

i got a viper alarm system and it took between $100-200 off my insurance, i forget how much but if my bill comes in for the month anytime soon, i'll let ya know
Old 11-10-2006, 09:47 AM

Whatever alarm you get, get a TWO way alarm.

Off topic--i didnt know it lowers your insurance!!!!!!! lol i need to get one
Old 11-10-2006, 10:05 AM

AND - I think you have to volunteer the information (that you have an alarm or extra security systems) because apparently they never ask!

And why would they, I suppose, when it keeps you paying more money into their pockets??
Old 11-10-2006, 10:41 AM

I have Hyundai MOBIS OEM 2way alarm!

I installed it, and it's been working great for 4years now. lmao.gif

It was around $200 USD for the parts.

The beauty of this one is that you can simply plug the connector to the main ignition connector under the seeering wheel column, and you are good to go~lol
Old 11-10-2006, 02:20 PM

Hi there guys i got brand new 2 way LCD alarm still in package i bought 2 jst in case installed one for myself and second one is hangin near me right now so if anyone need id let me know pictures of it below.
here's the alarm options

high-sensitivity and anti-jamming
2-way communication, color LCD
Compact remote control with "Paging function ("vibration", "beeping", "LCD icon blinking")" and power-saving design
Super distance range
Alarm with sound, vibration and icon flash by remote control
Ultrasonic sensor
Dual-stage shock sensing, reduce false alarm
Remote sensor bypass
Remote arming/disarming
Silent arming
Arming reminder and auto arming (programmable)
Emergency alarm :If any of the doors, hood or trunk is open while the alarm is armed, the siren will sound for 25 sec, the turn signal lights will flash 25 times, the LED will light solid for 25 seconds, the starter interrupt will be engaged, the remote control will beep intermittently for 15 seconds. if the violated zone is left open after 25 seconds, the alarm cycle will repeat.

Turn the ignition key to ON position while the alarm is armed, the siren will sound for 25 sec, the turn signal lights will flash 25 times, the LED will light solid for 25 sec, the starter interrupt will be engaged, the remote control will beep intermittently for 15 seconds. if the ignition key is kept in ON, the alarm cycle will repeat.

Closing door reminder :in the event that you arm the alarm with remote control while any of the doors are not closed completely, the siren will emit 2 short chirps and the turn signal light will flash for 15 sec. if the door left open then after 15 sec the siren and the remote control will sound continuously until the door is closed.

Car finder
Remote trunk release
Anti-hijacking
Automatic door lock/unlock
Arm condition memory
Emergency override
Code learning

Pic of Alarm
Old 11-10-2006, 02:56 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (homey14h @ Nov 10 2006, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Whatever alarm you get, get a TWO way alarm.

Off topic--i didnt know it lowers your insurance!!!!!!! lol i need to get one</div>

Yeah, even a flashing fake indicator light will lower your insurance rate.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:59 PM

lmao.gif
Old 11-10-2006, 03:49 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nate704 @ Nov 10 2006, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I have Hyundai MOBIS OEM 2way alarm!

I installed it, and it's been working great for 4years now. lmao.gif

It was around $200 USD for the parts.

The beauty of this one is that you can simply plug the connector to the main ignition connector under the seeering wheel column, and you are good to go~lol</div>
really?
tell us more about this...
does it do remote start?
that sounds awesome, easy installation and OEM..
where did you get it?