Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Airrams, Headers, Bbtb's And Other Na Mods

Old 05-04-2005, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am very happy with the "thingies" I got thanks to Kspec and REDZ's help, now my Tib is breathing really healthy thanks to the installation of my AirRam, a System BBTB (61mm) and the Maintec Racing Headers.
Well, I didn't know where to post this, but as it's performance related, I chose this subforum.
I also have installed a 3" CAI, and a press bent 2,5" exhaust from the headers to the 28" perforated core glasspack and from there to the end and the 1.8 cam.
Last weekend me and two friends drove to watch a car race (raid type race; it's on a public road that gets blocked for traffic for the race purposes).
It's a very twisty road that goes from the sea level to 3600 (meters above sea level) in like one hour, so it's a very inclined road.
Well, as the road was closed 4 hours before the race (we went up really eraly at 4am and cross the barriers before they closed it) it was really lonely and we had the chance of a really spirited driving, and I mean 5000rpm and more for extensive 20 minutes intervals, but with many curves. I chased two civics Vtec, and one Sentra GSR that were trying to go as fast as they could, and I could pass them with relative ease (it took me some seconds, but it was clear my Tib had more power) at around 120-140 Km/h.
I AM SO HAPPY!
Old 05-04-2005, 04:45 PM

Now take your car to the dyno and a drag strip smile.gif
Old 05-04-2005, 05:04 PM

Glad you're happy with the car. Those parts you added definately makes the car alot more fun to drive!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:09 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

you have pretty much all of the n/a mods, let's see a dyno! laugh.gif
Old 05-04-2005, 05:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Bah, driving uphill is no fun. Either drive downhill very fast or in a straight line. tongue.gif

Seriously though, get some times at the strip or with one of those fancy-dancy GTech thingies.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:00 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead @ May 4 2005, 11:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Bah, driving uphill is no fun. Either drive downhill very fast or in a straight line. tongue.gif

Seriously though, get some times at the strip or with one of those fancy-dancy GTech thingies.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
<_<
Don't beleive that so seriously... when you drive at high speeds on a twisty road, being uphill or downhill is fun anyways, and when your car manages to go faster than other drives and you take "L" and "U" turns sideways with your four tires sqeualing it's even more fun laugh.gif (though, I would prefer some better tires than my Dunlop FM901; I'll try to get some Kuhmo semi slicks here). We did downhill driving also, but as the road was already open we could do it for a little while only (like ten minutes).
I have a video because I was with a friend that had a camera; if I can compress a segment of the video enough I'll try yo post it here.
As for the dyno, I have been wanting to meassure that since the new mods, I will do it in two weeks or so and post results here.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I have a cai (AEM) and i am extreamly happy with it, saving for my springs and struts now (almost there smile.gif )