Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

AirRam and RSide Install Pics ***NO 56K!!***

Old 07-25-2004, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: crank pulley help....

Here are some pics of the stuff installed!

Old 07-25-2004, 05:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: South Chapter Members edit

Pretty damned nice, now I know what needs to be done for the Cruise Control.

Very good. Think you can edit the pics a bit to show what needs to be modified?

BTW, did you have any problems with the BBTB? Getting the cables in there? Or did my DIY help?

So I see the problems are almost ALL cruise control related right?

1. Cruise control vaccum module needs moved.

2. 2nd Slot for Cables needs cut.

Anything else?

How did you figure what hoses went where? How much of what sizes did you need?

How does it FEEL and SOUND installed?
Old 07-25-2004, 06:19 PM

Default Show us what you got

Yeah, we need answers!

haha... I can't wait to get one of these.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:31 PM

Default Re: DIY - The "big 3" wire upgrade

Alright well you do need to reposition the Cruise Control Module. The cable mount that came with the IM, on the end of it I cut a 3/4 circle and the cruise control cable went in there. As for the cables connecting to the BBTB I didn't need to divit out the T connector. When you alter the cable holder as I have it, the cables are close enough that the barrel connector will not fall out. The metal piece that the Bosch unit sits on was also modified. It was too long so I cut in right behind where the factory screw hole was and then drilled a new one and then it fit with the throttle cables (you can see what I mean in the above pics).

As for the tubes, from left to right. The nipple on far left goes to the fuel rail. The next one is empty. The following one goes to the little gray line that goes.... Somewhere. The two on the other side of the back of the IM, the first goes to the valve cover and the second goes to steel pipe coming out of the FW directly behind where the TB would be. The last one (below the TB) connects to the one coming out of the what looks like a module behind where the steering wheel would be.

I used about a foot of 3/16 tubing (for the fuel rail), 2 feet of 3/4" tubing for the bosch unit, and 2 feet of 5/16" tubing for the connectors on the back right.

The only other part that I used was a 45 degree plastic connector. Off the bottom of the IM the port where the Bosch unit connects is a bi@tch to get the hose to without it kinking. So I put about 3 inches of hose (off of the IM), put on the connector, and then ran the hose up to the unit.

I figured out where the hoses went by basicly following where they were on the stock IM. I followed the general locations and that is how I ended up with what I did.

As for power you can definatly feel a difference throughout the power band but it is much more noticable in the upper RPM's. The TB and cables took a little bit of adjusting to get the idle smooth (and not at 5k RPM's!) but now it is very smooth and the pedal is very touchy. I love it and it is definatly worth the money!

Oh and this does touch the black heat shield on the hood. When I just went out for a drive and opened the hood there was some black on the top of the IM. But after that first time nothing else so I think it has worn itself a spot.

If anyone has any questions about this install please feel free to PM me and I can take any other pics or give any info that you might need.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-25-2004, 07:21 PM

Default Re: crank pulley help....

thanks for the info, ill probly do this this week sometime.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Shaved doorhandles and Remote Popper

If you can edit them pics a bit with like colors for what hoses go where, that'd be AWESOME.

Also, why didn't you wait for the gasket mang?
Old 07-25-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Re: clutch install

I really just wanted to get it on laugh.gif . I plan on ordering the gasket and then just pulling the 9 bolts off of the IM and pulling it just far enough off to get the gasket on and off. Yeah, I will end the pics. Should be up in a few minutes.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Show us what you got

Not to double post but. Here is the pic. I aint too good at this.

Neon green goes to fuel rail

Light blue goes to the gray hose that was connected right behind the back left of the stock IM

Dark green goes to the Bosch unit

Bright blue goes to the valve cover

Yellow goes to the metal tube sticking through the FW

Pink goes to the fan located behind where the steering wheel would be (looks like a power actuator)
Old 07-25-2004, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Show us what you got

LOL

Thanks mang.