Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Airram + Ceramic Coat + 65mm Bbtb = Omfg!

Old 09-10-2006, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Okay, it's in. It's official. This kicks ass. Whomever said that the 65MM BBTB wouldn't work with the airram for a NA application was insane, this sucker kicks ASS. I've got the airram installed, ceramic coated of course, and finally got my 65MM Tigerlilly BBTB in there. Just have to fix the cruise control now (WTF do you mount the cable unit?), and get it to idle a bit lower.

Anyone else having idling issues? I can't seem to get it to idle less than about 1100 RPM. Sounds fine, but is a bit high.

As for the mod? Pics will be up tomorrow probably, I need to do my exhaust also, and I'll just put them both up at once. I'm as happy as can be. The install went pretty damned easy, just was very careful to do everything right the first time. You need about 1 foot of spare vaccum line, 9MM size I believe. Other than that, you'll see in the pics how I got it in with NO other real problems at all. The idle bypass just took a couple of extra clamps, and 5 inches of 3/4 inch tubing from Checker auto. I got a new intake elbow, thanks to Autozone, and they had a nice kit to install your own vaccum line off of the intake. I'll post up part numbers and a basic "DO THIS" DIY for it soon.

Took way too long to do, but I was being REALLY anal, and making sure not to scratch anything. Not to mention my dad decided to drop by for the day, so that 'help' can take some time. Good time to be had by all, and I HIGLY recommend it to everyone. I'll even take some pics of the intake elbow soon so you can see what I did, outlaw engineering is sending me a 66MM TB gasket and I'll take them when I install it. Total in extra parts was probably about 30 bucks, but it looks FANTASTIC, and isn't really jerry rigged at all.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:27 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Good to hear. Airram is a quality piece, treat it good.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:11 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Just have to fix the cruise control now (WTF do you mount the cable unit?)</div>

told ya it didn't work with the airram nana.gif is your cruise control sitting this round out like mine?
Old 09-10-2006, 04:55 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

"Highly recommend it to everyone" as in you know somewhere where we can buy an airram or a 65mm bbtb? I can probably find the Holy Grail easier 02.gif .
Old 09-10-2006, 07:14 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

I have the airram, just need the 65mm tb 02.gif
Old 09-10-2006, 07:28 AM

Not entirely on topic, and I never mentioned this when I installed my Airram/Outlaw-Spacers/61mm combo... but I didn't notice any gains. Weird, right? Installed everything to the specs on all previous DIYs too. Guess I'll look over your DIY when you post it and compare.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:14 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

sr has a really nice looking black 65mm throttle body.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phorq @ Sep 10 2006, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Not entirely on topic, and I never mentioned this when I installed my Airram/Outlaw-Spacers/61mm combo... but I didn't notice any gains. Weird, right? Installed everything to the specs on all previous DIYs too. Guess I'll look over your DIY when you post it and compare.</div>

Thats strange after I installed my spacers and bored my IM and smoothed the tb and knifed the butterfly. I got 5 more hp.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:38 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

If you zoom in on this pic, you can see what I did to keep my cruise..Are you talking about the cruise cable, or the cruise pump?

For the pump, I just made a bracket that had 4 holes in it, about 3 inches long, and used 2 nuts/bolts to extend the pump a little further, since it wouldn't mate up with the OEM mount anymore.

]

If you were talking about the cable, then I again made my own bracket, just find a piece of scrap, drill 4 holes and put a 90 deg. bend in the middle, one for cruise, one for throttle.

For the idling issue, can't you adjust the screw on your TB? That's what I did, because mine idled a little higher after installing this also.

BTW, where's the pics!????

Phorq, I'm guessing the airram was the last thing you installed? I did it after i/h/e/bbtb...but I did notice a difference in the top-end. Car pulled noticably harder from like 2nd gear 4k+, you know where there used to be sort of a flat spot? I think the airram got rid of it, for me anyway.

HKC, why is your cruise sitting this one out? It's easy to mod it and DIY to make it work..don't go to mechanics!! wink1.gif