Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Airram, Bbtb, Outlaw Spacers Dyno's !

Old 02-13-2006, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'll go in for $10. It's worth it to find out what I can expect out of my upgrade path. I too would like to see the 1.8 cam and ecu seeing as those are going in next month. Hit me up w/ your paypal account when your ready.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:58 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

One more very important thing... what about beyond the engine, any headers and exhaust work?

I'd like to see what the FULL air induction system can give, like AEM>BBTB>Airram>Headers>DP>Full 2.25+ exhaust w/ high flow cat. Would that be possible? I know that Airram, AEM, and BBTB would be performed just to see the numbers it gives, but I'd like to see what the full system can produce.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^^ I'll probably have that one once I purchase the Air-Ram \ BBTB sometime or another and get a piggyback to have it tuned. Probably summer before I hit college.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:51 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Feb 13 2006, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>One more very important thing... what about beyond the engine, any headers and exhaust work?

I'd like to see what the FULL air induction system can give, like AEM>BBTB>Airram>Headers>DP>Full 2.25+ exhaust w/ high flow cat. Would that be possible? I know that Airram, AEM, and BBTB would be performed just to see the numbers it gives, but I'd like to see what the full system can produce.</div>
Once the flyryde headers are done, I will have
AEM
61mm BBTB
AIRRAM
Equal length ceramic coated headers
MBRP exhaust

so if we donate to me I can try to get a dyno, that's basically a full bolt-on setup.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Gotcha ya'll covered! The baseline will have to be with my Headers and 2.25" exhaust with highflow cat, since I do not have my old exhaust manni and scrapped the exhaust system. These, along with CAI are usually the first mods people do to their rides anyways. I do not have an AEM, but I have one of the clones from ebay. I would imagine that should be close enough. If someone wants to bicker that its not EXACTLY the AEM that they have in there car, well, dont know what to say. I would imagine the numbers should be pretty damn close.

Total upgrades and order of dyno tests:

1. Baseline w/ headers and exhaust
**Possible baseline with OEM air box

2. Headers/Exhaust/CAI

3. Headers/Exhaust/CAI/AIRRAM/Spacers
**I am testing the AIRRAM with the spacers because I feel that these parts should really be installed together. Outlaw has there own proof and individual results.

4. Headers/Exhaust/CAI/AIRRAM/Spacers/Rside BBTB

Hopefully this is day one.

If enough interest yields another set of dynos:

5. Headers/Exhaust/Cai/AIRRAM/Spacers/Rside BBTB/1.8 or XD cams- not sure what I will be getting

6. Headers/Exhaust/Cai/AIRRAM/Spacers/Rside BBTB/1.8 OR XD cams/1.8 ECU

The first set of dyno's will hopefully happen in the next few weeks. I am still waiting on parts. I am adding to the list of supporters.

1.tibbytib (myself)
2. zoned019
3. TiburonsRule
4. HyundaiKitCoupe
5. mr_jeckel
6. Screwdriver
7. REDZMAN
8. kb5133

The more the merrier! I would like this to cost everyone under 5.00 to see these results.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:17 AM

throw my name on the list, love to see these results, even if i don't buy any of the products, would be great for the community and generaly R&D! Five bucks ain't much, let us know when to pay.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:22 AM

Adding to the list!

1.tibbytib (myself)
2. zoned019
3. TiburonsRule
4. HyundaiKitCoupe
5. mr_jeckel
6. Screwdriver
7. REDZMAN
8. kb5133
9. 01blacktib
Old 02-15-2006, 10:55 AM

I would suggest oem IM/TB vs. pnp IM/58mm TB(or BBTB) vs. Airram/BBTB

So we can close the argument of pnp IM vs. Airram...
Old 02-15-2006, 11:35 PM

Sounds like a good idea if someone wants to send out an OEM p&p IM!! I would definately try to do it if someone will send one out to me.

Lets go RDTiburon, need some more generosity to add to the list here!
Old 02-15-2006, 11:54 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grottenolm @ Feb 15 2006, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I would suggest oem IM/TB vs. pnp IM/58mm TB(or BBTB) vs. Airram/BBTB

So we can close the argument of pnp IM vs. Airram...</div>
I just received my Airram today..all I have to say is wow.
This thing is friggin beautiful, I don't see how any P&P IM can come close to it. Mostly because of the velocity stacks the Airram has, whereas a P&P IM can be as shiney and smooth as you want, but the issue still lies in the runners. Although, a really good P&P job on a stock IM will probably do about the same on a mild N/A setup...but on any FI application, Airram will stomp all over an OEM P&Ped IM.

58mm BBTB is restrictive simply because of the fact that the OEM intake elbow is larger than 58mm.