Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Airram, Bbtb, Outlaw Spacers Dyno's !

Old 02-11-2006, 07:13 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok folks, heres the deal...

I am friends with a local tuner here in Denver who is willing to give me some Dyno time to benchmark some of the parts that we all long for. Currently I will be testing the stock mani and TB against a new AIRRAM, Rside BBTB, and Outlaw spacers. IF there is interest in testing these parts seperately, I would need some not so generous donations from the community to help with the costs. Right now I have been quoted around 75.00 to do a few baseline runs and then a few runs with the AIRRAM, BBTB, and spacers installed.

I know alot of us have been wanting a breakdown of what is giving us the power and how those numbers add up. What exactly does the AIRRAM give? What exactly does the BBTB give? What about the spacers? This may be a mute thing, and I will still post up a dyno of what I stated earlier. But, if people want a breakdown of these individual parts and dyno runs, let me know. We'll have to work out an estimate of his dyno costs and see how much people are willing to contribute to actually see once and for all, dyno results for individual parts. I am simply gauging interest in this. Shoot it down or let it fly, makes no difference to me. I am getting one done with everything switched out regardless But let me know so I can schedule times with him, especially if I will need multiple appointments to test individual parts.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

Post up your paypal, I'll send a couple bucks.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:30 PM

Thanks Zoned, I am glad you are interested. I want to wait though and see how much support this gets before people start sending a few bucks here and there. Like I said, you will all get the motherload Dyno with all the parts put on at once, but this is gauging interest to test individual parts to see what kind of power they actualy are making for us. I will not be collecting any money until I know for sure there are PLENTY of individuals who are interested in these test results. This is my take: if 100 people are interested in seeing these results, and they each send 2 or 3 bucks, there should be no problem doing this. If more people are interested, sweet deal, maybe I can do more preliminary runs and see individual dynos for WAI/CAI, voltage stabilizer, Plug wires, plugs, etc... This could be monumental!!!

Interested in test results:

1.tibbytib (myself)
2. zoned019

who else?
Old 02-11-2006, 09:59 PM

Vehicle: 2000

count me in for a few
Old 02-12-2006, 11:42 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

same, just be sure to make it official and we'll throw in a few.

finally! thanks!
Old 02-12-2006, 03:50 PM

Thats the plan! OK adding to list and bumping myself. smile.gif

1.tibbytib (myself)
2. zoned019
3. TiburonsRule
4. HyundaiKitCoupe

Soo....we got estimated 8-12 bucks. Lets go folks!!! Need some more interested in this to make it happen!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:58 AM

I wouldn't mind throwing in some money for tests. Lets say like $10.00. I would like to see dyno's for the 1.8L cam and/or the 1.8L ECU if possible, as well.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:58 AM

I'm down as long as it stays just a few. It will be good to have some idea where the NA path will end up.

Got a question. Lets say you get a few people,when will this happen?

I don't use Gaypal, so I'll have to send you the moolah.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Put me down for $20.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:57 AM

I definately wanted to keep everybodies pockets full. I was thinking 5.00 max. If you want to contribute more, than thats cool to, but dont feel you have to contribute a lot. If we have enough interest, and if my budy doesnt mind helping me, then ya, the 1.8 cam and 1.8 ecu could probably be done as well. All depends how long the dyno shop will give us and how fast we are at changing parts! cool.gif I will definately look into it. For now, whats listed above is what will be tested: Stock IM Vs. AIRRAM and Spacers with OEM TB, then OEM TB on AIRRAM Vs. Rside BBTB on AIRRAM. I might be able to squeeze in at the beginning a run with stock airbox, to see what our cold air systems are giving us.

Ok, adding to list:

1.tibbytib (myself)
2. zoned019
3. TiburonsRule
4. HyundaiKitCoupe
5. mr_jeckel
6. Screwdriver
7. REDZMAN

Its slowly building! Need more volunteers!

Just saw you REDZ, adding you to the list.