Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Air Intake Help Needed?

Old 07-29-2005, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, just got my air intake assy....can anyone give me any idea where to start putting it in n' stuff?

I mean, what am i to take off, what am i to install....and is it the complete set anyway?: )

Old 07-29-2005, 10:21 PM

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=8752
Basically,...
Old 07-29-2005, 10:22 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

uh.........

um...........

lol.

good thing you got the JDM one (seeing how are cars are made in S. KOREA).

There is a search link in the top task bar. USE IT. type in Cold air Intake or CAI or Do It Yourself (DIY-Cold Air Intake). There are threads on this. Can you take a picture of what you got in the mail, you may have gotten the wrong one. If it looks like the one in the picture above, you're gonna have problems.

AEM owns all other cold air intakes of this style. Search coulda told ya that.

But basically, you gotta take out your stock intake (if you don't know what that is go here: www.hmaservice.com/webtech and enter your vehicle information. Then click "induction" or "intake" whatever sub menu it's in and click "components"

That'll ashow you what you need to remove. You MAY have to take out your battery so you have more room during this.

On that same site^^ click "Installation/Removal" and there ya go, follow the insturctions.

good luck. get that picture of what you got up...
Old 07-29-2005, 10:38 PM

it is exactly what i got in the mail... what is wrong w/ this unit?

why will i have problems?
Old 07-29-2005, 10:53 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I think you got a SHORT RAM INTAKE not a COLD AIR INTAKE.

Only difference is that a SRI (SHORT RAM INTAKE) is well, shorter...meaning less distance for the air to travel BUT hotter air is sucked into the engine (meaning less power than a CAI).

Do some searching around this site tonight, just type in any topic you want to knwo about. Cold air intake, turbocharging, rims, tire sizes, etc. You will find a wealth of knowledge and NOT have to ask questions.

But to install what you have, just follow the directions in the second post's link. Basically the same. Just need to take out the old intake (10mm socket I think and a philips head screw driver) and then put in the new (philips head screw driver).

Good luck, do some research.

Also, RESET YOUR ECU AFTER YOU INSTALL THIS. If you don't knwo what that means...SEARCH.

But I will tell you: After you install, disconnect your neg. battery cable and wait for all the power left in the battery to drain (press your brakes or hazard switch or something...wait 10 min). Then put it back on and start your car. Whiel it's running re-set all you radio presets and then drive around if ya feel like testin out the sound and performance of the SRI.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm closing this.

There's about 30 thread about the CAI and installing of it. Even a few VERY well done DIY's on it.

BTW, if you got the one in the pic, good luck getting the IAT in the hole.