Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

air fuel gauge hookup

Old 07-28-2004, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default Re: Battery relocation with the elantra swap

i was wondering if anyone has hooked up an air fuel gauge on there tibby. & if so what o2 sensor? the one in the header or the one after the cat? & what color wire? thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 03:01 PM

Default Re: North East Chapter Members

I believe that it is the one after the cat. Not 100% though.

Didn't the gauge come with instructions?

Nice sig by the way! lol.gif
Old 07-28-2004, 03:05 PM

Default Re: air fuel gauge hookup

I know some ppl here have them installed......

I personally don't, but i would think that the O2 sensor on the headers or manifold would provide the most accurate readings.

But wait to hear from someone that does have it installed before you do anything.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Pay Pal class action settlement

yea i've thought about getting the air/fuel gauge also... if i can remember right, my friend had his wired into the first sensor..... ill have to ask him.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:24 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default Re: turbulence buttons/knobs for tibs?

You wire it to the sensor on the header. I forget which wire, there should be two green ones. I think it is the green with yellow stripe.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Hyundai Sunday Fest Sunday Aug 22nd

From what I have heard and read.. I would not bother wiring into either sensor. The sensors in the Tib are narrow band sensors.. think of them like a three way light switch... off is in the middle and on is up and down.. Up is too rich and down is too lean.. there is no graduation between the extremes..

I am going to put a a/f gage in... but I am going to have a bung welded in for a wide band o2 sensor just for it.. the wideband is graduated.. giving a "Wide" range of outputs to the gage.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:51 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default Re: Not a Tiburon, but IM is in

ok cool so does anyone what car has a wide band o2 sensor stock that i can just put in mine. so that way I will have 3 of them the 2 stock ones & the one that i can hookup to my A/F gauge. Thanks
Old 07-29-2004, 02:24 PM

Default Re: LED & Speakers...

i had never heard that before........ hmmm... ill have to do some checking in on this. just curious, how much does a wideband 02 sensor cost...?? sorry for jackin thread kinda
Old 07-29-2004, 03:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon
Default Re: Projector Headlights?????

i have one in my car it is hooked up to the 02 sensor on the header. My o2 sensor has four wires on it i dont remember which one it is connected to. But autometer also has special sensors you can buy to tap into the exhaust if you dont want to use any of your current o2 sensors.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Tibby01's LED Stuff

I hooked it on the first O2 sensor in the manifold, will check the wires tommorow, but you can get the info on Hyundai Webtech. Watch out not to use a multimeter on those sensors ! or they will be dead. I unplugged the wire / sensor, then checked the wires on the ecu and measured them out, so I could tell witch wire (color) goes to witch connector in the sensorplug. I hooked the F/A meter then on those wires on the ecu-plug.
About the sensitivity... when the engine runs idle the ledbar in the meter jumps up and down between nothing and normal. Driving "normal" will increase the jumps (they will go faster up & down). Full throttle will give You a steady reading. This due to the fact how it all works, O2 sensor and ECU.

Greetz Den Eds