Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Air conditioning problem

Old 07-23-2004, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Springs and Struts?

My air conditioning is not cold anymore, let me rephrase that by saying it blows cool air not cold. I assumed that the refrigerant was low so, I bought the recharge kit with the gauge. The gauge showed it to be right at the bottom of the "charged" position. I filled anyway until it reached the top of the "charged" mark. My air is still no cooler than it was before, what could be the problem? Is there anything that I can check myself?
Old 07-23-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Post Count

Does the light come on when you hit the A/C button? Can you feel the A/C pull power from your engine when you turn the A/C on?
Old 07-24-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Re: I NEED SERIOUS SUSPENSION HELP PLEEASSEE

Of course I have turned the a/c button on and yes, the air still pulls power from the engine when on.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon
Default BETA vs 4g63

I am having the same exact problem. I was going to post it but never got around to it. It's fully charged but it's cool not cold.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Projector Headlights?????

Turn the blower dial on..LOL... laugh.gif .......j/k guys!!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Insomniac Thread

Checked the condensor+fan fuse in the engine compartment?
Old 07-30-2004, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Boosted Cars on this site?

yeah, all my fuses are good.

Anyone know where the air conditioner filter is? Would changin the filter help any?
Old 07-30-2004, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Boosted Cars on this site?

my A/C works however only on setting 4
3,2, and 1 dont infact it only blows air out on the 4th setting
Old 07-30-2004, 11:16 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: gauge pods

i had a problem shortly after i installed my gauge faces. i thought it was merely coincidence.
so, at my work i had an A/C evad done. come to find out, my shrader valves were leakin. but...they recharged my A/C anyways, and it still didn't blow out cold air. it should have blown out cold until it lost it's charge... so we were puzzled
a couple weeks pass, and i finally go to Hyundai and buy 2 new shrader valves ($2.93 each) and have them (my work) vacuum it out and recharge it. still didn't blow out cold air, but the A/C pipes were freezing under the hood. so obviously there was something wrong w/ the knob or the door or somethin like that.
apparently, when i pulled my dash apart, the cable that goes from the Dial to the Yellow thing under neath near the gas pedal came off. not the little Eyelit on the Yellow side... but the cable near the dial. so, everytime i turned the dial to cold, the cable would move, but it wouldn't move the door to activate the A/C

hopefully that helps. have a leak check done... see if it's the shrader valves. if it's not...have them put in a blue dye when they recharge it, so they can find a leak w/ a black light. but first... check that cable. if you took your dash apart recently...that may be the cause.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Switches

^ What he said. Good to see another person from LA on here.