Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

AEM Intake

Old 08-12-2004, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Official Bush vs. Kerry Thread

Or I could just put a bypass valve on it. Problem solved. tongue.gif
Old 08-12-2004, 08:48 PM

Vehicle: 99 Tibron
Default Re: 92-95 Elantra 4G63 Swap:90 E-Prom AWD ECU in my Elantra

With this CAI is there any problem with rain getting in or driving through puddles? i can't see real well on the pictures but isn't the ground right under the filter?
Old 08-12-2004, 08:52 PM

Default Re: AEM Intake

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mister_Sinister)</div><div class='quotemain'>Or I could just put a bypass valve on it. Problem solved. </div>
Old 08-12-2004, 10:06 PM

Vehicle: 99 Tibron
Default FS: Audio stuff--Infinity, Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood

i don't know if it is noticeable but isn't there a slight decrease in gain with a byp valve? i maybe wrong. but i supose you could live with that as opposed to getting any water up in yo shiz
Old 08-12-2004, 10:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: RSide Advanced Short Shifter GB 2 (5 Remaining)

Yeah, there is a decrease. That's why I'm anti BPV and anti PUDDLE.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:14 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib
Default mods *complete*

LOL.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: door panel removal?

don't listen to these morons. Get a Bypass valve. :roll: We've had a few members hydrolock lately due to puddles and flooding. It's worth it. I don't see how you can lose much HP from a bypass valve. Maybe SOME but not much at all. The air is sucking in at a good rate of speed, it doesn't have much time to seep out the tiny little microscopic holes in the bypass valve. The only time you'd get a loss of HP that would be noticeable MIGHT occur when you suck up water and the bypass valve goes into action. At that point, you're gonna have more power than if you didn't have the bypass valve and water entered your engine. wink.gif

Kirk actually did have a good point.
Bypass Valve - $50
New Engine - $1,000
Old 08-13-2004, 09:05 AM

Default Re: mods *complete*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib)</div><div class='quotemain'>don't listen to these morons. Get a Bypass valve. :roll: We've had a few members hydrolock lately due to puddles and flooding. It's worth it. I don't see how you can lose much HP from a bypass valve. Maybe SOME but not much at all. The air is sucking in at a good rate of speed, it doesn't have much time to seep out the tiny little microscopic holes in the bypass valve. The only time you'd get a loss of HP that would be noticeable MIGHT occur when you suck up water and the bypass valve goes into action. At that point, you're gonna have more power than if you didn't have the bypass valve and water entered your engine. :wink:

Kirk actually did have a good point.
Bypass Valve - $50
New Engine - $1,000</div>

i was just gonna' say that.....

i think loosin' a couple of HPs is worth it
Old 08-13-2004, 09:22 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: passenger side dash?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib)</div><div class='quotemain'>Bypass Valve - $50
New Engine - $1,000</div>

Avoiding Puddles = <span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:red">PRICELESS!</span></span>

LOL

Sorry mang, it's just the intellegent thing to do.

We have arroyo's out here, seasonal rivers, kids go play in them all the time and are told not to. Cars are told to stay away from them when it's cloudy, they still don't. Every year you hear these stories about folks getting swept away and stuff. You see the videos of lowriders trying to pass a road that is obviously 4 feet deep with water.

It's just stupid. If it's raining enough to flood, don't drive thru low flooded areas.

I understand the arguement mangs, if you want insurance for your CAI and can't resist trying to splash the bums at the bus stop, go for it. Get one. If you want some performance you can get and are running 17's anyways wink.gif, then by all means, get it. If you can resist hitting puddles DEEPER THAN YOUR BUMPER (That's the thing, I can't see EVER taking my car into water that deep), then get one.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:37 AM

Default Re: passenger side dash?

^^^^

Both sides of this have made valid points....

But I'm going to have to agree w/ REDZ......
I mean really.....if there so much water on the road that you cant see the road markings.....COMMON SENSE "<span style="color:red">SHOULD</span>" tell you <span style="color:red">not</span> to go thru it.

and as for the horsepower.....we pay quite a bit of money to make our UNDERPOWERED cars faster, why some of you would PAY to make your cars slower is truly beyond my comprehenion.