Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Hyundai Tiburon Forum (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-tiburon-forum-63/)
-   -   AEM CAI Sizes? I need TBolt Clamps. Please help. (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-tiburon-forum-63/aem-cai-sizes-i-need-tbolt-clamps-please-help-32549/)

'treezy 11-01-2005 11:59 AM

uh faith, the extremely high pressure and amounts of airflow going through the AEM (due to the super-white blinding headlamb bulbs) could burst a normal hose clamp....I commend REDZ's ricey decision to go the safe way with hand painted blue t-clamps. clap.gif

j/p mang, we are both ricers and we KNOW it.

REDZMAN 11-01-2005 01:03 PM

^^^
haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Nov 1 2005, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>well what size is your intake piping?</div>

I dunno man. It's an AEM. I never knew if it's 2.75 or 3.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Nov 1 2005, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>t-clamps on a CAI

lol laugh.gif</div>

Well David, after I cleaned my engine, my AEM started popping off again. My clamps can't get much tighter and they are bending and shit. I gotta do something. I'm doing the clamps on my Samco hoses with Tbolts and the engine bay would look retarded with those only there.

faithofadragon 11-01-2005 03:00 PM

i know i know

i just find it REALLY funny

its like putting a blow off valve on so you can have a air bypass...

REDZMAN 11-01-2005 03:01 PM

Woah.

We can use a blow off valve for a bypass?

Awesome!

I'm gonna get one.

Anyone know the sizes?

Anyone?

Any?

faithofadragon 11-01-2005 03:15 PM

well i guess you could hook the IAT line to the exit of the BOV and make it work backwards lol

well man i guess the only way ya gonna find out what fits exactly is to test it

tclamps are adjustable to a certain extent

REDZMAN 11-01-2005 03:17 PM

Right, which is why I need to know the sizes I need to buy. LOL Damnit.

OzFxCoupe 11-01-2005 04:04 PM

Isn't the AEM piping 3"? I think your MAF is 2.5".

Don't you have a vernier to measure everything? You can get them for only a few bucks from any auto store.

Or even just a piece of string? Just wrap it around the pipe or TB & divide that number by 3.14... That'll give you it's diameter.

Same goes if you want the circumference, multiply the diameter (if known) by 3.14.

I know you probably know all of this but you may get your results sooner by doing it this way rather than waiting for someone else to come through with answers.

REDZMAN 11-01-2005 04:34 PM

I think it's 3 inch, but I don't remember.

Yeah, I could go do that, but I don't really want to take my wheel well apart right now to get to the filter one.

01tibby 11-01-2005 06:11 PM

you dont. pop hood, bring thread, wrap thread around piping.

determine length of thread, and then divide that by pi(3.14). just as ozfx said. add like a half inch to the diameter for the filter one.

easy man. shit, you could guestimate with a ruler. i dont want to feel like im spoon-feeding the n00bs here. lmao.gif nana.gif

faithofadragon 11-01-2005 06:33 PM

why would you need to take the fender plastic off?

aem doesnt step there pipes into different sizes lol