Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Aem Cai

Old 09-03-2005, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

well i know i should be asking aem directly but sence soo many here have them or talk soo great about it i figured i would ask every1 here first.

two questions

1. It says 2.0 engines only sad2.gif .whats the diference ?is it still compatable with the 1.8 ?

the liter size should have no diference with throtle body size am i correct?
i thought the throttle body was the same on 2.0 and 1.8.

2. is it street legal or "50 state" legal? i live in cali kinda strict here. drillsergeant.gif
any1 else in cali have one on here? or is any1 from cali here?

"its more hen 2 questions but there all intertwined with the ones next too the numbers" popworm.gif
Old 09-03-2005, 07:36 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

It's 50 state legal. I don't understand how on earth CAI's or SAI's would be illegal. You're all clear man, it's as legal as it gets and when you install the CAI it works really well. Instant gains.

I think you should get the AEM CAI specified to the engine although honestly I don't know why they ask. Don't bother getting the bypass valve...

Get a 2.5' - 3'. If you get the 3' and have an automatic, it will rub against the transmission. I had to modify mine or else there would have been a hole. Also, get one specified to your transmission. They have different fitments for both.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SilentSecret @ Sep 3 2005, 07:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>1. It says 2.0 engines only sad2.gif .whats the diference ?is it still compatable with the 1.8 ?
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Yes, it'll fit the 1.8 fine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>2. is it street legal or "50 state" legal? i live in cali kinda strict here. drillsergeant.gif
any1 else in cali have one on here? or is any1 from cali here?</div>

Yes and yes, and yes.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:39 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Sep 3 2005, 06:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Get a 2.5' - 3'. If you get the 3' and have an automatic, it will rub against the transmission. I had to modify mine or else there would have been a hole. Also, get one specified to your transmission. They have different fitments for both.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

i have a five speed so get the 3 right? 3 as in three inch tube? not sure what u meant.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:55 AM

NOt to jack the thread, but iv had mine for a while and did soo much research before i got it, and i never saw the option in pipe diameter.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:10 PM

Double_A said it. I wasn't given an option and I know that I have a 3" tube on my automatic and I can reassure you HKC, that it is not rubbing on the tranny anywhere.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:15 PM

wasnt sure what color. i was thinking polished but i wasnt sure how the cleaning on it is if it gets dirty too quik then i would rather not. i have a purple car so was thinking red n purple? any suggestions?
Old 09-04-2005, 02:20 PM

Doubt the polish color on the CAI tube will get nearly as dirty as persay, headers. wink1.gif

Polish is kind of that fake chrome look. You really don't have that many choices, doode. Silver/Polish would probably look best though.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

polished silver...
Old 09-08-2005, 03:54 PM

well i ordered the aem 3 days ago was suppose to get it yesterday and the guy didnt get it because they didnt have polished and i would have to wait 3 weeks to a month for it soo i went with red. i wil get it tomorrow overnighted from los angeles .ok so now im gonna have to go red under the hood so i was wanting some advice or opinions on what to do im trying to find the paint to match the intake to paint my spark plug cover if any1 knows please hit me up im trying to paint it today if possible. any other opinions on what i should do please post thanks. smile.gif