Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Aem Cai

Old 04-06-2005, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely go with AEM and CAI if you go with any intake. I love mine...well when it was in the car. lol rolleyes.gif The sound of the engine w/ the intake....would make me get a hard on if I had a penis. lol Damn it sounds so nice.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:03 PM

Interesting mental picture but yeah as everyone has said AEM is the best. Search around the internet for a bit and you will find a lot of different prices. Just try to find the best price from the most reliable place so you dont get screwed.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I just received and installed mine yesterday. laugh.gif It is amazing a great sound extremely deep and great performance too

Got it for 193 shipped to jax fl
http://www.autoteckmotorsports.com/product...3461&language=1
Old 04-15-2005, 08:17 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lil_Tiby @ Apr 6 2005, 07:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Definitely go with AEM and CAI if you go with any intake. I love mine...well when it was in the car. lol rolleyes.gif The sound of the engine w/ the intake....would make me get a hard on if I had a penis. lol Damn it sounds so nice.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

yea...i dont even want to think about that...lol. Def. go AEM and if not K&N, but AEM first and foremost. Check out the for sale forums, i know there is/was a couple used ones for sale. If not then try ebay, or HP.com or some other source. Orrrrr you can steal one (not highly recommended though)
Old 04-15-2005, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

AEM. don't get bypass valve. it's not worth the trouble smile.gif

aem intakes sound real nice! like formula 1!! but you can only hear them if you push your engine like all intakes. that requires a lot of duct.

2.5-3', i got a 3' for it. truly, i don't know which one is better. i've never drove on both.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:03 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I'm a pretty reputable vendor for the Tiburons, I can do 210 shipped,

let me know.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:27 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

01importshark

Im also getting the aem of you after your turbo project right? It was in the pm convo. aem, tb, headers and I don't need the muffler anymore because the exhaust is coming from Tim, and he's tossing on a good muffler so I hear smile.gif
Old 04-18-2005, 03:23 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Some of the links posted were very helpful to me.=) How does AEM compare to AOS CAI? AEM claims about 1/2 second shave off the quarter mile, and how does this affect the 0-60 time? I know that auto Tibbys run above 9's..
Old 05-01-2005, 11:11 AM

**UPDATE**

So it has been a while! And I finally received my AEM Cold Air Intake.=) In less than 2 days I will be getting it professionally installed by the fellas at AudioJam, and hopefully this will avoid the entire CAI rubbing issue. Either way though, I now not only have AEMs manufacturer warranty, but AudioJams, too. There are still some questions left unanswered though, such as how much does the cold air intake preserve gas compared to a stock intake? And what specific performance figures I can expect (and feel)wink1.gif

I heard great things about the sound (i.e. Formula 1, extremely deep, etc) so I'm highly anticipating that as well.. Of course I know that the filter with a CAI compared to a stock air intake gets much dirtier, much quicker. How often should I clean this? OR...should I purchase a K&N air filter? I appreciate any feedback that'll help me become more knowledgeable about this product, or anything else for that matter laugh.gif