Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Adjusting Idle

Old 07-30-2005, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

How do you adjust your idle on a stock TB?
Is it the two nuts that are on the cables?
Or isn't there a screw on the TB itself?

thx
Old 07-31-2005, 02:49 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

the is a screw on the tb itself, it should have white thred lock tight on it, it is on teh side of the pullly at the bottom.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:34 AM

Okay I thought that's what that was, it has a white thread and then it has a flat plane that sticks out? Do you just turn that part with a pliers or something?
Old 07-31-2005, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i think its more like a bolt actually. it pushes against the armature, holding the butterfly more open if you tighten it.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:50 PM

okay this is really weird ..
the white thing that I was talking about is totally different.
It has what I swear is a wire harness of some kind, it's an off-white piece that sticks out, and off of it there is a metal prong (even has a small hole near the end). Actually, there is also a wire connector that has a boot around it and a flat female end which it fits perfectly around .... wtf? off the TB, no lies.
Thing is, that TB was taken from the blue tib, but the blue tib does NOT have one of those female wire connectors just dangling (it looks like it connects up with the TPS?) I talked to shadohh about this, he said it's for the fuel pump .. there's another connector exactly like it connecting to the block and they look like they're coming from the same place (but why's there two on the red tib, and why does it fit perfectly on the tb?)
On the other TB (the one that is now on the blue tib, but CAME from the red tib) there is an offwhite piece just like that, but you remove the offwhite piece and there is a screw which is what I guess you guys are talking about..but that's on the other TB.
So WTF?
Damn I wish I could take pix .. but 97tibby hasn't sent me the USB cord for my camera yet.