Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

53006 Magnaflow Carsound 2.5" Catalytic Cat Converter

Old 04-02-2006, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking for a haigh flow cat on ebay and i found this one 53006 Magnaflow Carsound 2.5" Catalytic Cat Converter .

Is that a good high flow cat??

and another thing. i'm also looking for a glasspack, but i can't find any...so i was wondering if you guys know where to buy one... thanks
Old 04-02-2006, 07:00 PM

any muffler shop will have a glasspack... you dont really need a high performance glasspack or anything
Old 04-02-2006, 07:13 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I got that cat from him, it was a good deal and it is a really nice cat. i didnt feel any loss going from no exhaust to a 2.5" full exhaust with this cat and a straight through muffler.

But BIG BIG warning on the buyer. This guy is sheisty. Look at his feedback, those negatives were just what i was going through over the winter. I sent him money on dec 23, didnt get it till late feburary. The number he gives you is valid, but he will tell you that the only way to get details on shipping is to email an address that does not respond, ever. The whole time i was waiting i called him countless times and wrote 15+ emails to that address without one peep back.

And he is the type of seller that waits until you give feedback before you give it (which is a growing problem and is BS btw). And his feedback will only be dependant on the feedback you left for him, regardless of how good of a buyer you are

for example

If he stiffs you and you are very patient and polite it takes 2 months and an infinate amount of effort he finally gives you a refund or maybe sends the part and you leave a neutral saying "Took 2 months after paying instantly to get a refund/part." he will leave a negative saying "customer lies! he is just a lil baby whiner! boo hoo!" like a child.

I left a positive just because i didnt want him to ruin my hard earned 100% feedback, even though it was hell getting my part.

If you MUST buy this cat from him, i would suggest calling and ordering right from him. But that way you wont have buyer protection so i would just say be warned.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

^as far as i'm concerned... Ebay should force sellers to post feedback when payment is received and have a time limit
Old 04-02-2006, 07:54 PM

Wow, i rather not buy from him 02.gif ...i found three more site offering the same cat, what you all guys think...

cat1

cat2

cat3

And for the glasspack, i'm gonna ask to some muffler shop...

thanks
Old 04-02-2006, 08:15 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparticus @ Apr 2 2006, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^as far as i'm concerned... Ebay should force sellers to post feedback when payment is received and have a time limit</div>

You know, that is a good idea. Right now ebay gives you 90 days.. what if they gave the sellers only 60?
Old 04-02-2006, 09:25 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yah well they should be required to give you feedback immediatly after you pay, because as soon as you do that you have completed your end of the transaction. Ebay in my opinion is too biased toward the seller, they have the ability to report you if you dont pay in 7 days, the seller has no explicit time that they must ship/refund/ or even contact the buyer. They need a re-evaluation of their policies
Old 04-07-2006, 01:42 PM

Hey guys, i've heard that Random Technology offers one of the best performance exhaust including Catalytic Converters, and i was wondering, which cat is better, a magnaflow carsound cat or a random technology cat?

Round, Metal Matrix (Race style)
7000 Series-- 2", 2-1/4", 2-1/2", 2-3/4", 3", 3-1/2" and 4" inlet/outlet

53006 Magnaflow Carsound 2.5" Catalytic Cat Converter
Old 04-15-2006, 01:59 PM

I finally bought my cat and it shipped in less than a week, bought it Sunday 9th and shipped Saturday 15th. I'm happy...if you are looking for a magnaflow cat, buy from Performance Peddler, great service.
i just tought i had to say that.. haha.gif