Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

4 Cels And A Couple Bad Sensors

Old 04-04-2006, 09:16 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I need some help if you could. I believe I have a bad MAFs and Air Intake Temp sensor. The Check Engine Lights I got were:

P1613
P0102
P0134
P0135

The car currently has the 1.8 manifold on it (with no 02 bungs) and where it mates up with the cat, there is only the 1st 02 bung right before the cat. Then after the cat there is no 02 bung. This exhaust is basically from 3 cars. Cat is from the actual 2001 tib its on now, the tube and muffler are from an 00 tib with front cat, and the headers and flex pipe before the cat are from a 97 1.8L.

So I only have one 02 bung right now, which explains the bad 02 sensor CELs.

But the car runs fine as long as its above 2000 RPMs. If I hold the throttle at around 1500, the car starts acting like its gonna die. It just stalls easy in this RPM range. I'm guessing thats from the MAF. When I got the car it had a filter on the MAF and it was turbo. I think that, and the intake temp sensor are just toast. I think though one of those CELs is for something about auxilary input, and auxilary output??

Thats where I'm lost. So what do you guys think?
Old 04-04-2006, 11:15 AM

check the maf.. make sure its pointed the right way.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:28 AM

I had similar problems with the way my car was running... (and after it was already down I pointed the MAF the wrong way so when I fixed what was wrong it still wasn't working right after replaceing the plugs and wires)

I didn't have all those CEL's though. Mine started to do the same thing then started to missfire. I ended up replacing my plugs, wires, and TPS. The MAF should have an arrow on the top that points to the firewall or take the rubber couplers off and it will tell you which side is which.