Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

4-1 Header Gasket

Old 07-27-2004, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyundai Sunday Fest Sunday Aug 22nd

Ok, I have the header that I purchased from Bouve124 and I need to install it. It is the KRD 4-1 Header that is sold on importshark.com.

Reading the DIY, I think that I have the installation down but I do not have any gaskets for this header.

Does anyone know if the stock gasket and the gasket for this header is the same? If they are the same, then I will go to Hyundai for a new gasket but if they are different, I will need to contact Tom at Import Shark.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: FGR question

Yes, it's the same, but if the old one comes off fine, you can re-use it I'm told.

I wouldn't get it from Hyundai, they'll rape you on prices, just call Autozone or whomever else.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:53 AM

Default Re: FGR question

Yeah, I did call around locally and no one had one. One shop actually said "you are on a wild goose chase man".

I might try to use the stock one though. I believe that it is a metal gasket. Is this correct?
Old 07-27-2004, 09:09 AM

Default Re: 1000hp RD2

Wild goose chase my ass. There's about 5 different models of car that use the EXACT SAME GASKET! Geesh.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Horse power gain and overal

I didn't even think about that. I will tell them that I have an Elantra and at least they may have heard of that car. Tibs are kinda exotic around here. I have only seen 1 other RD2 and it is not modded at all. It is actually an ex of mine. lol.gif
Old 07-27-2004, 09:25 AM

Default Re: 1000hp RD2

You could get the part # and order online too. Did you try Napa?
Old 07-27-2004, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Anyone wanna help me find parts for my project beta 1?

NAPA is the one that told me that I was on a wild goose chase and said that he probably could not get one. I told the guy that I was putting a header on and he told me that the gasket would be different.

I will get the part number though.

I am just afraid of pulling off the manifold and breaking the gasket then be screwed since this is my only car. I think that it should be fine if it is a metal gasket. I have 47,000 miles on my tib and the engine is clean so I might pull the manifold off tonight and have a look. If all else fails, I guess that I will just bend over for the dealer.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:07 AM

Default Re: another clutch question

I KNOW autozone has them.. i purchased one from them.. You do have to order it in most cases though, so itll be a couple days.. If nothing ese, just order it though autozone online and have them ship to your door ;/
Old 07-27-2004, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Group Buys on ALL of Rotora's Products!

Autozone told me that they could not get one.

I went to Parts America tonight and told them that I had a 2001 Elantra and they said that they could have the gasket the next day so that problem is taken care of.

Another problem that I have is that I went out and bought a cheap torque rench just for this project and it has already broken!!! The motor blew trying to take the bolts that hold the heat shield on! :x

So now I have to get another one. I just want to get these things put on because they have been sitting in my room for a couple of weeks now. Everytime I go and hang out with people with my car club they are like "is the header on yet?"

I am not frustrated yet though. smile.gif
Old 07-28-2004, 02:58 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX
Default Re: Insomniac Thread

Yep Its the exact same gasket. I used the one from my stock headers because it was still in good condition.

Why dont you just use a wrench, and put a pipe on the handle to get more leverage? Thats what I did, its supa ghetto... but it works!! heh