Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

3a Racing Hi Flow Mufflers

Old 04-20-2005, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't agreeing with you in the previous post, but with hamhead. But I agree with you, as well. I agree with your patience is a virtue quote, it's just sometimes I would rather have an actual muffler as opposed to the stock muffler. But it seems clear to me that nobody would really endorse me in getting a muffler.tongue.gif But that's okay...I'd rather save those $50-100 on something for my interior anyway.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:02 PM

Dude for 50 bux you could get a maganaflow. Well i got mine for 58 shipped. They are just about the best you can get for our type of cars. Get one of those and a custom built cat-back with 2.25 - 2.5in. pipes and you should be good.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:10 PM

Wow, that's impressive. Quite a deal, too! Is the Magnaflow a muffler or a bolt-on exhaust?
Old 04-20-2005, 02:42 PM

One of my friends who has a 2001 Tiburon told me about the 60 Series Delta Flow® by Flowmaster and how when it is bolted on it to the stock piping it sounds amazing for a muffler.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Get the muffler, then go to an exhaust shop... you could go really cheap and still get 80% of the performance gains from getting 2.5inch crush-bent aluminized steel. It would only be like $100 or so.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

what about a cai if you want the deep sound and you will get the performance too, got mine for 190 shipped
Old 04-21-2005, 08:26 PM

Here's the thing though people are overlooking; LOTS of people seem to think that a full catback is going to make more power, and it may, but this is not ENTIRELY true. You need SOME backpressure or else you lose power. But either way, with a full catback with bigger piping, you arent going to feel any NOTICEABLE power difference. I know this because my dad has installed a catback system on every one of his cars, and the gains were not sufficient for the price. I will keep it as simple as that. Just getting a bolt on muffler and welding it to the stock piping is probably the much cheaper way to go. I'm not going to go and purchase a five-dollar butt fart muffler of Ebay, no. This is not what I am looking for. All I'm saying is that you get what you pay for, and if I pay good money on a decent muffler, I'm sure I will be satisfied.

What I'm talking about is a brand name muffler...this company is well aware that there are going to be people like me who want a high flow performance muffler with great sound.. I'm not really planning on getting huge performance gains from an exhaust/muffler either way. This muffler may be temporary, but I feel that it's well worth the money. For instance, take a look at the commendable air flow the Tiburon engine gets. IMHO, I feel that the stock exhaust works quite well. I will try and experiment around with mufflers. I know I might get flamed for this, but you know the deal.. *shrugs*
Old 04-21-2005, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Full exhaust from the header/back is going to give a Tib about 13whp pretty much all throughout the powerband, except the low-end where it will stay about the same, maybe lil less.

I don't know what cars your dad owns, but on my 'Vette I got at least 20whp since its a shorter exhaust than stock and 4inch diameter piping. The GSX's 3inch mandrel did wonders as well.

The Tib's exhaust is straight up horrible stock. Horrible crush bends and cheap material. Go look at the dyno for the ARK cat-back to see a comparison.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:07 PM

Dude...please don't do it...do not just get a muffler...I did it on my old T-bird...good lord...I should have done the patented "Civic Drill a Hole In Your Muffler" move...would've sounded better...
Old 04-22-2005, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Dude....

The Magnoflow Muffler for 58 shipped is a muffler, not an exhaust.

A muffler is the end portion of the exhaust system where the exhaust gas fumes exit the car.

What people have suggested is:

1.) save your money for an EXHAUST system (which will include a muffler) and bolt that onto your car

like the Ark cat-back.
a used MBRP
The Mussa Exhaust

or

2.) go to an exhaust shop (that has a MANDREL BENDER and Stainless Steel piping) and take your magnaflow muffler and stock exhaust with you. Tell them you want a cat-back exhaust with ss piping and mandrel bends and with this magnoflow muffler on the end. Sit and wait for them to finish, pay them the 150-200 dollars and drive off with your car sounded completely different.